C20Xe 2B 150 Bhp At Wheels And It Is Slow Help? Ideas

Guest windscreen man

Guest 2b cruising

Windie man, have you done anything like a simple compression test?

Before fitting the engine, was it stripped and inspected?

At £500 down to £100, it well worth a trip over the hill.

You could have a fuel starvation or float hight problem, wrong jets, lots of things.

Why did they have it 11 weeks. Were they rebuilding the engine, that would only take a week or two.

When you find out what is wrong, ask whoever is doing it for you, to take photoes and a report of what is wrong.

Tell them exactly what you have been through with the first place cos they will then be more thorough with their work.

Take it back to the first place and get your money back.

Always ask for a full RR print out when you leave your car with anyone. It should be timed and dated.

The only way they can cheat then is to use a different car with your reg which would be a rarity as it would take just as long as doing yours.

somethings not right there, firtst thing to do is get it back to Bogg Bros without touching anything, ask them what they did during the time they had it and take one of them out in it. A motor may well produce 150bhp on the rollers but how that feels and drives in the real world is a different matter.

You post earlier in the year about the engine bogging down and dying under load and it's probably that problem that hasn't properly been resolved.

I'd be wanting to see what they did to the ignition as that will have a major effect on driveability. Hopefully they wil have saved a copy of the ignition map that they used.

I managed to set my red top up with the cam belt one tooth out once, I noticed it felt a little bit flat compared to before the belt change but it was still fast and lively and if I hadn't driven it before I wouldn't have known any better.

But get it back to Boggs, they had it 11 weeks and charged £500 so they need to sort it.

• Like 2

My red top is on webers but it goes like stink, it made 153 hp at the rollers. It is a good engine and mine feels very torquey right through the rev range so that I rarely exceed 5500 revs as there is simply no need. Take it back and get an explanation, some of the blokes on here could build a car in 11 weeks!

• Like 2

Guest Gargoil

Don't think you get a print-out at Boggs.

It was very low tech, like the cars they service, when I went there 18 months ago.

T'Old fella seems to know what he is doing though.

Guest 2b cruising

Well windscreen man, looks like you should take it back and observe the test yourself.

Just tell them when you try to accelerate it just bogs down as though you are running in safe mode. That's is what I think is happening anyway.

Is the ecu switchable and he has not told you how to switch it?

Ive had quite a few PMs back & forth with Lew,

but eventually got this one.....Good news at last!!

Problem solved. I took the inline filter out and away she goes. It was obiously not the same fuel presure when i was reving hard? I did notice when the filter was in line right next to the facett fuel pump that it was not filling with fuel (it was a little clear plastic inline filter that i was using) and i could see through it . Should it have been full of fuel?? Or are the carbs so low psi they only use a drip of fuel??? Cheers for the advice

Guest windscreen man

Okay guys . I have sorted it!!! It goes like stink now☺☺☺. When i got it back fron bog bros i put an inline fuel filter in, next to the facet fuel pump. I checked the fuel presure and it read 3psi on tick over and reving stationary just like it did before i put the filter in, it must have been restricting the fuel when i was driving it tho (does this sound right ) ???

Guest 2b cruising

If it's ok now, it must have been stopping the flow before.

Well done and happy fun times to come.

That's what owning a kit car is all about.

Edited by 2b cruising

Guest 2b cruising

Your car is only just on the road after it being completed.

Could be any kind of sh in the tank.

Put another filter on it and if it runs ok to start with, you know it is doing its job.

It will eventually get clear so filters will last you longer.

As Bob says, easy to start with mate.

Guest windscreen man

I will try another filter or 2. When i put the 1st filter in it never even filled with fuel and i mean no fuel at all in the clear filter housing? So i blew it out gently and put it back on, and same again still no fuel in the clear filter housing but it didnt seem blocked ?? Why could this be?

Guest 2b cruising

Is it on the inlet or outlet side of the pump.

If on inlet, you only want to fit a gauze type filter, usually fitted on the end of the stack pipe in the tank.

You possibly already have one there without knowing about it. Most stack pipes have one.

If on outlet side of pump, with only 3 psi, you will probably need a larger filter.

Pressure filter should be fitted near to the delivery point to stop any *bleep*from the whole system.

Paper filters on the suction side of the pump on low pressure systems will cause to much restriction to pull the fuel through.

Suction is always weaker than pressure using the same pump.

Edited by 2b cruising