Newark Auto Jumble

alanh65

Popped in to see the Auto Jumble as I happened to be in Newark for the weekend.

Not been to it before, it was a good size. Probably aimed more at bikers than kit car owners, though I did find a couple of useful bits and pieces.

Spotted a couple oh Robin Hoods in the 'display' car park but didn't see the owners ... shame, I would have stopped for a chat. So instead, "hi" ... to ... both Q864 RAL and FN08 EXZ ... Sorry I missed you.

Alan

Hi Alan

I had actually issued a general invitation at http://www.rhocar.org/index.php?showtopic=42941&hl= Just got 2 apologies :)

And you are right, it was a very good day. Weather perfect, I had a nice 40-mile run each way through the country lanes of Lincolnshire. And the turnout was very impressive. I didn't count but I reckon there was easily 300 classic cars (although some of them stretched the definition a bit), more than I have seen at some dedicated classic car shows. And a very impressive collection of stands as well. It took me almost 2 hours to walk around. Lots of stuff you didn't realise you needed :)

Here are some piccies

Cheers

Al (FN08 EXZ)

Newark1_zpscymangn7.jpg

Newark2_zpslrq0fe4s.jpg

Newark5_zpsuahfhe4a.jpg

Newark3_zps34bv4eqe.jpg

Newark4_zps6hfynlwi.jpg

Hi Alan ... Didn't realise it was your car ... Should have hung around longer!

Not as varied an event as Stoneleigh but worth organising as a RHOCaR event/meet??

I did try :) We are actually quite well off in Lincolnshire now. We have monthly meetings of classic cars at Doddington Hall near Lincoln ("Horsepower at the Hall") on a Sunday (although I see they are stopping over the winter) and the Newark Auto Jumble is a monthly event as well. So if I organise a meet there is only one spare weekend a month for wives and families :)

All I can really do is keep putting notifications on the forum and hope people join in.

Al

Edited by alanrichey