Blue Antifreeze

Guest janis

Guest mcramsay

not knocking your method! Horses for courses and all that! What I should have said is I have had many slaps for being lazy and doing similar with a full workshop of tools at my disposal!

Guest 2b cruising

Taught by a naval engineer. Cut the holes needed, slam it on and rip the outside bits off if in the way of something else.

Joking aside. In the good old days before plastics, I always used a tapping hammer. Never broke a thing and gaskets always fitted.

start with bolt holes, then inner hole finishing of outer with scissors, if available.

Guest mcramsay

On split pump cases and things we would lay the jointing over the face and then use a pencil lead ( or hammer face rubbed on a dirty bench!) and rub it over the jointing, once you pick up one bolt hole then wad punch it out, and reset the jointing u till you pick up the next bolt hole, punch out again, then make dowels out of spare jointing paper to hold the joint and stop it moving around. Then make a whole rubbing of the joint and cut it out... Basically like making a rubbing drawing when at school

So put my thermostat back in fill with antifreeze..leave the lid open on expansion tank heat her up and tank start boiling over engine temp was low on gage and under bonnet temp was low engine was not hot...can it be faulty thermostat?air lock?if its air lock how can i get it out?

Another thing was that i coud not remember wich way thermostat was coming out and after some google pics i put it in the way i think its right..can it be other way round?i think i put it in with spring towards engine..

Guest 2b cruising

Doubtful but possible

Bellows goes in first.

To bleed it, if filler at front of bonnet, jack up front en of car as high as you can.

Ten fill up.

Squeeze the bottom hose a good few times to pump the air out and replete a few times.

If your car is awkward to do send Chris a PM see if he can help you out.

Expansion tank was boiling like kettle..even when i turn car off it was still bubbling..water was not cool in pipes but not boiling hot as it was only running couple min too..all the pipes was hot like both radiator pipes..didnt feel different..i let it run for like 10min in garage and then when start driving it start boiling..maybe shoud wait and let her take over longer and more time for air to come out?when it start boiling i took lid off expansion tank and let her tick over but was boiling anyway...And gauge was reading only under 60 too..

Definitely sounds like a big bubble of air. I got so fed up with this I fitted a header tank connecting the bottom of the header to the bottom hose and the top of it to the radiator. I also drilled a small hole in the outer part of the thermostat to allow air behind it to bleed into the radiator and then out of the top to the header tank.

Guest 2b cruising

Depends on you t/stat setting.

As said before. Jack front of car up when filling rad and repeatedly squeeze the bottom rad hose.

Edited by 2b cruising

Guest Gargoil

Just trying to eliminate the easy stuff first, Janis. Once that is discounted and there is still a constant stream of bubbles, you might be looking at testing what gas is in the bubbles.