Megajolt

jaimo

Oh yeah I will see if he got that if not what size one do i need i know its 36-1 but on the bay theres different size ones such as 2.5" etc is the last pic the crank sensor that goes to trigger wheel

Edited by jaimo

This setup was used with the bike carb setup from same person on Pinto so should all fit OK just no trigger wheel due to breaking it so with the map etc already on megajolt and is all the same setup should all be okay to fit and run until I get rolling roaded shouldn't it only wants £100 deliverd for seup so sounds a bargain doesn't it then if go zetec in future and move over to that with just few mods can't I no far off same price as new dizzy so believe it to be best move

Okay so I got the mega!jolt on route in post just need to get a trigger wheel what I would like advice on is what size wheel do I need I know 36-1 but the physical diameter for Pinto pulley and also what's the best tried and tested way to fit trigger wheel to pulley and where does the pick up points and missing tooth go in relation to pulley tdc marks etc

Been told could fit 1.8 cvh crank pulley which has the trigger wheel already on pulley but would this fit on the Pinto crank block etc cheers

Guest lotusPaul

Jaimo,

I put a complete EFI on a lotus twin cam a few years back. As far as the dimensions are concerned of the trigger wheel it's just what fits.in my mind the larger the wheel the more accurate it will be. You could even have it on the flywheel too. For the pickup point it is also a personal preference as long as you tell/program the ecu correctly it shouldn't matter. I just had to make sure I had a suitable airgap of 1mm.

I'd be interested to know if cvh pulley will work as you describe as I don't actually know, every days a school day.

Paul

Align the sensor and timing wheel so the missing tooth passes the sensor 9 teeth before the crank reaches Top Dead Center (TDC) for cylinder #1. (Assuming a 4 cylinder engine).

Everything for the installation procedure is on the autosportlabs website.

Guest mower man

As the above but while the head is off check that the pulley tdc mark is true production tolerance were a little slack and clocking with dti will give you an exact [ depending how good you are ! ] a little time spent here can save some heart ache later mick :acute: