Sign in to follow this  
BarrieF

Weather Gear

Hi guys having trouble getting my weather gear lined up have got advice from some people but none have

worked can anyone help PLEASE

most of us dont use the 2 folding bars.

just use one & the roll bar.

TBH they dont usually line up well, which is why most of

us use a surrey top.

How isn't it lining up?

Hand built cars mean that things aren't always symmetrical, so start at the parts that need to fit in a certain way (windscreen, rear edge of the boot) and just make everything else fit the best you can.

No one is going to comment on a few poppers that aren't in the same place on each side.

Besides, as Bob says above, full weather gear doesn't get used much, mines been behind the seats for 2 years now. :nea:

I had similar problems when fitting mine over the winter period. One important measurement is the 66" from the top of the screen, to the rear panel top edge! After getting this correct, it's a matter of getting the poppers around the screen, and rear end, transferring these measurements to to the hood, and fitting female poppers. Then you can struggle with the positioning of the two hoops. I found on the 2B that the smaller hinged bar tangles around the roll bar, so I can understand why some leave this bar out. I then made brackets which attach to the rear side tubes, above the rear wings, which enable me to remove the support tubes, when not in use. A strap around the roll over bar, and the hood support tubes then allows you to tension the hood after fitting. I'm just waiting for some warm weather so that I can stretch the creases from my hood so that it fits more tautly.

I don't have any weather gear because I have no intention of driving the car in the wet. Cold I can handle, heater on full v6 pumping out heat galore = cosy cabin. I am in the process of having a Surrey top made so I can quickly attach it if I do get caught in a shower...but full wet gear, personally I never understood it on a 7 car?

Like most of us I don't set out in the rain, but have been caught out by the unpredictable British weather a couple of times. It's a lot easier to put the weather gear on the car than it is to dry out a sodden car interior.

• Like 1

Not only is a surrey some form of comfort in wet weather it is also an aid to safe driving, being able to keep the inside of the screen clear & the drivers face/glasses droplet free.

I got caught in the rain today...anreal flash storm. I was soaked and it was very unpleasant! What a mess my interior was in. Surrey top on its way.

You should have driven faster.

That keeps you dry. (but you cannot stop) lol

• Like 1

I was in traffic....what a ball ache...I was literally drenched. I can laugh about it now though ;-)

Rain & 4 way traffic lights are only slightly better than 4WT & hail without the top on.

surrey top also stops you getting burnt to a crisp on the one sunny day a year

• Like 1