Mot Prep

got the car booked in for MOT on Monday so new I needed to change steering rack gaitor whilst taking front wheels off looked closer at the tread of the tyres thought they looked a bit thin so ordered two new tyres took the wheels down this morning to get them fitted to find they had ordered the wrong tyres so to get it through the MOT have borrowed keiths rear wheels so got back to working on the gaitor after a bit of swearing it was clear I was going to have to take the steering rack out to change it ah the joy of kit cars any way just got it all finished car just needs a wash now and then its all ready for MOT on Monday HURRRAH

aint it just typical on the way to the garage car started messing about only running on three cylinders sounded really ruff as they started it up mind you at least that drowned out the examiners swearing cos he couldn't get in it had to get the apprentice to do the in car stuff

once it had passed pulled out of the garage gave it a boot full and now its running perfect :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Edited by tractor

My tester used to take mine round the block to 'test the brakes' and see how it has developed over the years. I don't mind but warn him it's a handful, it bites and if he breaks it he replaces it, like for like. Last few years he has stopped road testing. Too dangerous!

Nigel

Yet one more tyre fitter who doesnt know that the yellow dot should be fitted next to the valve

but he did put the red dot there.....it seems to be a confusing area......

See "Coloured dots and stripes"

http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible_pg2.html

No big deal, my tyre fitter doesnt know either....even though I asked him to do just that

He also inflated 4 tyres to 34, 35, 39 and 38 when the tyre pressure plate inside the drivers door

only has one pressure for all conditions.......29

Luckily we know better ...... :)

Edited by Bob Tucker