Old But Still Good

fry61

Have just listened to Mike Oldfield's "Tubular Bells" on BBC4, a re-run of the 1974 live recording; can remember that coming out in '73.

Just proves how old I am, 27 then & just started teaching at Tech College, where have all the years/decades gone??

Edited by florin metal works
  • Like 1

Bob,

agree 100%.

Vinyl is making a comeback as supposedly are Cassette Tapes !! Would you ever what has happened to the indestructible " CD " as demonstrated on "Tomorrows World ", not sure if this is what it was called I am sure you will recall and correct me, they showed a CD being Dunked in Beer and many other antics and stated it was indestructible !!

Cheers for the Nostalgic reminder.

Steve

Guest 2b cruising

They keep them in the underground storage unit.

Just next to the box marked wind up gramophone needles and 72 rpm records.

Guest peter2b2002

remember listening to that on tape in a mk1 cortina on the way back from a holiday in Wales blasting down the m4, happy days

peter2b

Bob,

agree 100%.

Vinyl is making a comeback as supposedly are Cassette Tapes !! Would you ever what has happened to the indestructible " CD " as demonstrated on "Tomorrows World ", not sure if this is what it was called I am sure you will recall and correct me, they showed a CD being Dunked in Beer and many other antics and stated it was indestructible !!

Cheers for the Nostalgic reminder.

Steve

I can remember an episode of TW (probably TW) where the presenter put the CD on the ground, rubbed it with his foot into the dust and then played it with perfect clarity. This was a selling point for the technology then. Any one else remember that?