Vvt Tps Calibration

tractor

I have connected pin three to tps ground and then tried the pink wire on the other two tps wires but it just keeps saying cannot calibrate because tps min is greater than maximum anyone got any ideas

I am not a comp wiz it has taken me two hours just to get the driver to work :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Edited by tractor

I guess you have the wires mixed. TPS is a resistor with a variable contact. One end earth, one end reference voltage and a slider in between. Call them A, B, C. If B is the slider then resistance of AB plus BC equals AC. Your software is just telling you that you have incorrectly identified the terminals so its reading BC bigger than AC.

ie you have wired it wrong. Check the wires. Identify ground. Identify reference voltage.

Or try the different combinations ab, ac, bc on the throttlepot. One combination will always read the same and biggest resistance, regardless of the position of the spindle. These are the ground and reference ohms.

I don't think I am connecting to it all though nothing will come up on my comp until I connect the usb then I can see the calibration window but at the bottom it says it is not connected as I said a complete computer dunce

sorry also if i have not got the vvt gizmo switched on and i go through the calibration sequence it comes up with the same thing thats why i think i am not connected to it

Edited by tractor