Roll Bar Paint

Gusty

Guest 2b cruising

Roll bars definately need a soft paint as they are continually getting radial and linier stress.

I would not use plastic coating as it goes brittle quite quickly and splits, allowing water to get between the coating and metal.

POR 15 is good but expensive.

A chassis paint would do the job but a good coat of etching primer (nasty stuff) would be beneficial for this.

after a poor experience with powder coating, i've been using tractol 816 primer (1 coat) and 327 top coat (2 coats) for anything that needs painting on the car. After a couple of years including running through winter, and i haven't seen any imperfections on my wishbones. A tin of each is about the same price as 1 tin of hammerite. It's quite a flexible, durable paint, unlike hammer*bleep*e which just chips off. Save it for your garden gate.

Edited by Grim
  • Like 1

Never had a problem with powder coating. Obviously depends on who does it, the preparation and some colours need a second clear coat to protect them from UV. Even had a 4 cylinder air cooled engine and gearbox done thinly with no problems even though I was worried about insufficient heat transfer from the fins.