St170 Alternator And Starter

MarkBzero

once the pulley is clamped up it should not move so you only need to make the spacer so that the pulley runs true I used a small piece of copper pipe which would crush up as I tightened the pulley the pulley I got off the zetec alternator

hi mark and thanks for the complement but a great engineer i am not steamer is i just think around problems and come up with a solution that works for me

you done a great and quick engine change and resolved all problems, there's an engineer there somewhere. Thanks for your help.

Might still be easier and cheaper to buy a GBS denso bracket and get a charade/swift/etc alternator from the local scrappie. I have had a swift one for 10 years on a home made bracket. I buy a six rib belt and cut it down the middle to make two belts.

Nigel

Started the engine conversion today, well i manged to clean the garage and clear some space for the engine crane. I already have retroford ACR alternator bracket so unless i struggle i do not want to spend anymore money still need vvt unit from trigger wheels. Not cheap!

Started the engine conversion today, well i manged to clean the garage and clear some space for the engine crane. I already have retroford ACR alternator bracket so unless i struggle i do not want to spend anymore money still need vvt unit from trigger wheels. Not cheap!

Best £200 you will spend though transforms the engine

• 2 weeks later...