Sign in to follow this  
dandanfireman

New Radiator Now Need Remote Header I Think?

Hi guys been a while, i've put a new rad in the Robin Hod which has no header built in. The only thing left is the original air bleed off point which i will now use as the filler . Any idea on a remote header tank for it? Not looking to go pressurised just staying standard.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By GCash
      Hello

I am looking for some advice please. I have a Robin Hood that is based on a 1988 Ford Sierra.  It is running a 2.0l OHC Pinto with an ESC II module. I was thinking about replacing the standard ignition system with electronic ignition.  I was looking at Accuspark but I am a bit unclear as to what to go for.
      The current system seems to have a ballast coil that takes it feed from the ESC module. The Bosch distributor hasn't got a vacuum advance and takes it feeds from the coil and ESC module which has got a vacuum feed from the manifold.
      Is it better to replace the current ballast coil with a standard coil and give it a feed directly from the ignition rather than the ESC?
      By replacing the points with either a conversion kit or electronic distributor how will it get a feed for the advance if the signal is no longer coming from the ESC?
      I have contacted Accuspark and they just advised their distributors are stand alone and can use either a ballast or standard coil.

Graeme

• By ReedosZero
      Hi guys
      New owner and complete a mature here  any help and recommendations welcome. I’ve got a 2l Pinto engine which I have records saying it was built in 1975 for a Cortina. The starter motor is very lazy. I bought a new bosh style one off eBay but it is just spinning so believe it is a bad fit. The one that’s come off the car is a Lucas 25345a. Could someone please recommend a new, more efficient replacement?

thanks

• By GCash
      Hello

I have just about finished my Robin Hood but there seems to be a problem with the idle. After a couple of minutes it starts going lumpy and cuts out. It keeps cutting out if I don't hold the throttle open slightly.

It is a 2.0l Pinto with a Weber 30/34 DFTH. I noticed there is a pipe coming from the carb that looks like a breather (black and red). The problem stopped when I sealed the end of this pipe. This may be a stupid question but, does anyone know what it is for? Is it originally from the air cleaner?

Thanks
      Graeme

• By Roy P
      I have a 12 plate Zero with a crated black top zetec and a raceline water rail. When I returned from a 15 mile medium speed run yesterday there was a lot of water on the road where I backed into my drive. The water appears to be coming from under the radiator cap on the front of the water rail. I would like any opinions on why this is happening and why any excess water does not go down the overflow pipe. Also what is the canister that the overflow pipe goes in to for, the canister is approximately 40 mm dia and 250 mm tall and exits to atmosphere, surly it is too small to be an expansion chamber. Another question, there appears to be a sensor just below the radiator cap, but if this is the temperature sensor how can that work correctly when my water level is always below that sensor?

• By matsymons@yahoo.co.uk
      Can anyone help me identify this cam please ?