My New Frankenstien Engine

tractor

WHITE: Only required if you are using a Hall Effect Sensor. Connect this wire to the live fed of the sensor. ECU pulse feed or Magnetic sensor does not require this connection. It can be taped up. GREEN: Connect this wire to the speed signal output from the sensor or ECU. BLACK: Connect to earth - Negative. YELLOW: +12 feed to instrument illumination. Connect this wire to side lights. BLUE: +12 Volt ignition feed to the instrument. Connect this wire to the ignition feed that is live when the ignition is turned on. RED: + 12 volts. Connect this wire to a permanent 12 volt live supply.

so from wot the instructions say i should connect the white wire to the live feed of the sensor

so do i connect the white wire to the 12v feed to the hall sensor or of the feed from the sensor

why cant they say to or from instead of of

Edited by tractor

From the way they've described it, White is your 5v supply to the sensor - connect it to "+" or "Vcc" on the sensor. Green is to the signal on the sensor. The sensor will have an earth wire, just connect that to a convenient earth. The black from the back of the speedo, goes to earth as well (not to the sensor, unless it has another one that specifically says so?).