2L Blacktop Zetec Turbo

DeanRudkin

Guest lotusPaul

So 13g tops out at 360cfm at 1bar pressure

360x0.076=27.36 lbs min flow x 9.5=256.92bhp.

At a 1.8 ratio ie 1bar + 0.8 you will top out at 330cfm

330x0.076=25.08x9.5=238.36bhp

But as we have seen and its already been published 11psi gives 240bhp give or take.

Whichever way, im looking forward to the results, it would be great to do a back to back with just a swap to a tdo5 and set up.

So 13g tops out at 360cfm at 1bar pressure

360x0.076=27.36 lbs min flow x 9.5=256.92bhp.

At a 1.8 ratio ie 1bar + 0.8 you will top out at 330cfm

330x0.076=25.08x9.5=238.36bhp

But as we have seen and its already been published 11psi gives 240bhp give or take.

Whichever way, im looking forward to the results, it would be great to do a back to back with just a swap to a tdo5 and set up.

Subaru turbo is the larger 13t not 13g and flows 390cfm at 1bar

Guest lotusPaul

I just used another set of calculations that i came across,simmilar but just enougth to reduce power predictions too...

178.03 at 6000rpm @ 11psi

No wonder rolling roads are masively different.

The simple way to calculate expected power for a given boost level when charging a stock naturally aspirated motor is to take the stock figure and multiply by the total pressure level in bar.

So for example, a stock EFI pinto is 115bhp, if we were to run 1 bar of boost that would be a nominal pressure of 2 (1 atmospher plus 1 boost) so multiply 115bhp by 2 and you get 230bhp, which I can tell you is bang on the money for a correctly setup and tuned turbo pinto. Although a completely stock pinto at 1 bar of boost tends to break ringlands :rofl:

Guest lotusPaul

Duck,

If only it was that simple.

The point of the above was to show that you cant trust all equations.

Im sticking with the more acurate 233bhp

Lets not forget, psi or psia, is not the same as airflow in cfm or lbs/min.

If you looked at the difference between using an intercooler or not the lower temps can allow more lbs/min flow for same psia, thus different power for same boost.

That alone proves just to double up is not accurate.

But i like your style

Of course, there is always more to it, we havent even considered variation in atmospheric pressure yet!

As a nice simple quick to calculate guide though, using 1 bar as atmospheric pressure and multiplying the power made at atmospheric (whether or at wheels or flywheel) by atmospheric pressure plus boost in bar is as good as most people need.

I predict it will be a blast one way or another lol! First to the the rollers on the Leicester race to turbo town bet you'll have no nails left however it pans out.

If all goes well you have set the benchmark for the other two.

Edited by unclechief