Rwd Ecoboost

Guest lotusPaul

Guest lotusPaul

I was of course only joking. Im fairly sure i can run faster to 100m than most beatles could.

Id like to try something different, jag 12 has been done, so has most combinations off north south configurations, bike engines,rear mounted perhaps? I have considered a hybrid but not a sparky so i can see that going horibly wrong and expensive.

Need to have a think,

Guest lotusPaul

Now thats a good shout, strangely i was thinking of using a 944 as a base, cheap to come across these days too.

So whats the thoughts on a 944/968 based hoodie but ditch the 4 pot as its slant, and maybe go 1.8t or different? Must say that a bi turbo sounds good, ill investigate dimensions but im pretty sure a cosworth 6 fits so shouldnt be an issue.

Must admit I love the aural pleasures of a 5 (or even 3) pot. Obviously Caterham putting the 3-pots in these days from Suzuki, but I don't think anyone has used the Ford Ecoboost 3-pot yet? Bloody tiny thing, and 140PS in standard form. Or the Mini uses a BMW 1.5 3-pot lump, 140PS but a bit more grunt and I guess more to be had out of it if need be. I'd quite like the idea of one in a 7 to be honest! Most leave so much space in the engine bay for all the turbo/intercooler faffery - almost a godsend :)

I don't suppose a 5 pot would go in? Volvo/Ford RS lump (I assume the Ecoboost you was talking about earlier was the 2.0 focus lump)?

So many choices :) my next kit will have a JLR 5.0 supercharged in it, I think we chatted about before ;) ;)

Guest lotusPaul

Is that bme/mini not the same ford engine?

The 1.0 was used in ff cars but rear mounted on a hewland. I was looking at the 2.0, still would too but in something different, maybe a spare Elan.

The JLR? What you thinking of sticking it in?

Ebay porker 944, £250 no offers. Cash on collection. Trailor away as not MoT. Car starts, drives and brakes.

Sounds like a bargain.

Is that bme/mini not the same ford engine?

No, it's a BMW unit. It's what they use in the i8 and that FWD abortion they call a 2-series active tourer :) and the Mini of course. B38 it's called. 1.2 and 1.5, the latter offering either 134 or 228bhp :-o bloody hell, that'd do!

The JLR? What you thinking of sticking it in?

Ooo, if I packed up the motorsport I'd probably have a hankering for building an Ultima with one in :D along with flappy-paddle ZF if it would fit... but I'm dreaming at the moment :)

Edited by brumster

Guest lotusPaul

Nice car to put thoses 400 plus ponies in. I still got a GD to finish. Currently hot 302 ready for it, that coyote quad cam would be nice, same unit i think. I got those dreams too, like a noble.