tune up

max

8 hours ago, brumster said:

Have you tried Emerald at Watton? Not sure but suspect they'd do it, even if it's not on their management, they do rolling road tuning.....?

yes did try but they only do that new fanged things, think they call them E C U, you have to plug in a" lap dancer" or something like that 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, kevin the chicken said:

I think the chap I use is now operating out of March. He seems to do most things but his speciality is pintos and Weber's so he might be your man. I'll try to find out where he is now and get his contact details 

thanks will wait for your reply

As far as anybody can tell he is still in the March area. His name is Kev Randell and the last phone number I have for him is 07939 500569.  He is an absolute genius as far as I am concerned with the rolling road. If you manage to get booked in with him you need to take cash so get an idea of what it will cost before you go. I took a newly installed replacement engine to him and he got it to give out about 180 horsepower. He took the distributor off and bent the stops to give more advance or retard, I forget which and found another 20 odd horsepower. I hear a lot of people budgeting 3 or 4 hundred quid for a rolling road session, mine was way less than this! Let me know if you get hold of him and how you get on.

7 hours ago, kevin the chicken said:

As far as anybody can tell he is still in the March area. His name is Kev Randell and the last phone number I have for him is 07939 500569.  He is an absolute genius as far as I am concerned with the rolling road. If you manage to get booked in with him you need to take cash so get an idea of what it will cost before you go. I took a newly installed replacement engine to him and he got it to give out about 180 horsepower. He took the distributor off and bent the stops to give more advance or retard, I forget which and found another 20 odd horsepower. I hear a lot of people budgeting 3 or 4 hundred quid for a rolling road session, mine was way less than this! Let me know if you get hold of him and how you get on.

thanks will do, i have found a garage just a couple of miles away from me yesterday he and his son are into racing the old pintos' booked it in Tuesday night for him to look at the carb and set it up fingers crossed he will sort it , as we are on holiday friday for a few days around Stratford-upon-Avon , I am going to remove the carbs at the end of the year and fit motorbike carbs so will look to get it set up on rolling road then 

Just for future reference, if people are passing on contact information in the form of mobile phone numbers, unless they know that the person concerned has no objection, can they do it via personal message rather than posting it on a public forum.

Posting personal information without consent could leave us open to GDPR claims.

1 hour ago, kevin the chicken said:

Noted . Kev has never said to me that his phone number is not to be given out though 

No problem in this case. We have had issues previously so you'll understand our wish to avoid a repeat.