Set of Instruments

Craig Poultney

Hi Guys,

I want to redo the dash as the one I inherited is pretty naff. Where‘s the best place to pick up some reasonably priced instruments? Didn’t really want to spend £700 if I can help it. Copies of Smiths gauges would also be ok. Saw some on eBay but not sure if they are up to much.

any advice as well when fitting? No oil pressure or voltmeter at the moment. Also planning to do away with the original stalk and replace with toggle switches. 
Cheers for any advice

Craig 86D75953-C671-48D5-BD95-BB7E6CADC175.thumb.jpeg.56b23c296479f329f28605808c48021e.jpeg

On 10/31/2023 at 7:26 PM, IanS said:

I went round the car breakers and got a full set of smiths guages off a triumph dolomite. The speedo was even calibrated the same as the sierra one, 1000 turns per mile.

Cost £30 and a bit of work.

The good old days of crawling round precariously balanced cars on top of one another…..modern health and safety would have a fit 🙂 

breakers in Germany are a bit different. They strip the cars themselves and offer the parts at extortionate costs. Found a guy who has a set of dolomite sprint gauges but doesn’t know if they are working. Still wants 500€ for them 😄 

There is this from GBS which is what I have on my kit:

https://kitspares.co.uk/collections/instruments/products/smiths-international-gauge-set-mph

They do it in a km/h version as well but that seems to be out of stock.

When I was looking for gauges, these were the most reasonable for a new set. There were some cheaper ones on eBay but they looked rubbish IMO.