East of England meets for January

alanrichey

Time to kick off the new Year.   The East of England team are going to make use of the unexpected good weather next week.   A bit cold for a picnic so we are meeting up at the Orchard Cafe, Welland Vale Garden Centre (LE15 9EU) near Uppingham, (https://www.wellandvale.co.uk/), 12:00 on Wednesday (10th).   If anyone from out-of-area wants to join us, you are more than welcome, just let me know.

You know it makes sense 😀

Al

Another cracking day, proving again why you shouldn't SORN your car over winter.  Lovely day for the drive with slight caveat that our cars will all need a good clean later.

A good turnout and thanks to all those that made the effort.   They make a lovely sight.

image.png.40c9de33878b2ec21b051deddcaeb4d0.png

• Like 3

Thanks for organising Al.

That garden centre has a cracking café good food at reasonable prices.

Looking forward to the next one, perhaps a tad warmer would be good if you could organise that too Al!😀

• 3 weeks later...

Weather looking good again, shame to waste it.    So we are going for 2 meetings, one on Sunday (tomorrow) for the 'workers' and one on Tuesday (30th) for the 'retirees'

Sunday is at Sywell Aerodrome (NN6 0BN), park next to musuem, so we might get some flying displays and then on Tuesday our old favourite, the Harvest Barn just South of Peterborough (PE7 3DR).

Any 'out-of-area' members more than welcome, just let me know.   Both meets at 12:00.

Al

One down, one to go.   Good run to the Nursery (plants not babies) and a good meal at the cafe.  Although it seats 100, it was busy so we had to wait about 10 mins for a table.  No problem though, as we were all dressed for a cold day out in a kit car. 😀  Huge car park so no problem parking together.    We'll be going back.

Thanks to all that turned up.

image.thumb.png.f0da91c8d3311348f99358a705daa288.png

• Like 1

Yes, the owner is a member and a good supporter of the East of England group.   The car is a Polaris Slingshot 3-wheeler, an absolutely beautiful kit. It's just one of his collection 😀

• Like 1

Managed to do the meet today, a nice lunch at the cafe for the select few.

A fairly nice runout, an hour each way for me, although my car dumped a whole load of coolant on the way there and I arrived at the cafe with the temperature gauge hovering just underneath the red, and I had a mild case of hypothermia 😀  The coolant fault is a poor seal between my expansion bottle and the pressure cap, as all the missing water was in the overflow bottle I have fitted..   I don't yet know if it is a faulty pressure cap, a poor neck on the expansion bottle or the coolant system is over pressurising.  I have a 20 psi cap one which should be more than enough.

I got home OK by driving at a steady 50mph with judicious use of the fan in villages, traffic lights, traffic.....   Unfortunately my brake lights then stayed on all the way back.  A fair number of people flashed me, but I didn't know how to tell them I knew all about it and couldn't fix it till I got home ?   Easy fix though, part of the switch mounting was displaced, so just a 5 min fix.  

Kit Cars eh !!, don't you love them 😀

image.png.b7c49fac864de00858a75ff5a5505712.png