Master Cylinder Brake Question

phaeton

Not on a road going vehicle, it's an agricultural tipper which we intend to use at the livery where the daughter is to move the horseshoot around. When I got it the brakes weren't connected but slowly going through them, managed to remove the broken bleed nipples & put new lines in. But the MC is leaking, I've stripped it down & cleaned it up but there is still a very small amount getting past the seal. Now as the top speed is only 16mph & there is an brake disc on the propshaft it's not a big issue but I'd like to fix it as the grandkids will no doubt be bombing around on it. So eventually down to the question if you've got this far.

There is only a single circuit all 4 wheels on the same one, each wheel has a 3/4" bore cylinder & the MC is also 3/4" bore I can order a new one from the US £100 for the MC, £70 shipping & then likely to be import taxes if they examine it. There is an alternative from a forklift for £80 delivered, but this has a 1" bore,  what difference will the 1" over the 3/4" make?

Thank you for the reply, I knew it was not as simple & is in fact counter intuitive, in my mind a larger cylinder has more oil therefore should be easier.

Just tried to upload an image & it tells me it's too big, I'll pull it back off later, take another & see if I can find a 7YO to make shrink it for me.

But this is the Amazon 1" one https://www.amazon.co.uk/DORMAN-PRODUCTS-ALLPARTS-M2796-MASTER/dp/B001PYRHP6/ref=nav_signin?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=606632412635&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=7583416905106424428&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9046274&hvtargid=pla-572117965588&psc=1&mcid=1ef4eb4699a23abca3ee58059c0861b0&th=1&psc=1&returnFromLogin=1

4 hours ago, nelmo said:

Unless I've got the scale wrong, that is tiny - wouldn't stop a go-kart 🙂 

Agreed but it was the style I'm looking for

2 hours ago, Peter Bell said:

If the bore is ok can you get some seals for it?

Bore is not 100% I've gone for a dual outlet 3/4" one, need to make an adaptor plate & run new lines, we'll see how it goes.