What Rh Chassis Do I Have

Guest chriszxr750

Guest chriszxr750

hi there, all right the situation is i have acquired a robin hood. it is near enough all complete, just requires a few things to complete.

My problem is though that the previous builders really bodge the fitment of all the panels. hence i am going to replace.

my question really is what one is it?

now the front brakes are different from the rh i have seen. the chassis is made of tube which is incorporated in the front suspension. difficult to explain reallythere are fixed tubes, both top and bottom, the spring and shock being inbetween these.

the rear suspension appears to have the front spring holder turned upside down, with the sierra springs under these. this i really dont think is right, but i could be wrong.

so i need help. i have no build manual etc. if anybody needs photos to help identify it then let me know.

Hello welcome to the mad house,

right first things, fill in you're location, you never know the could be a hoodie just around the corner from you.

secondly, you either have a 2b, with sliding pillar suspention or a sub k,(later became 2b4).

any probs ask away thats what this forums for, enjoy the build

Mitch

check here to ID for sure

http://nw.rhocar.org/identification.htm

Guest chriszxr750

hey you're right. it is the 2b sliding pillar. would i assume that these are still sierra brakes? so to ask so many question but i really want to get it right and rebuild it to the standard it should be.

cheers chris

Guest Battery Bill

Chris

Yes it sounds like it is Sliding Pillock 2B that you have :D :D

The brakes will be standard Sierra Issue so will be cheap enough to get replacements if yours are looking ropey

previous builders really bodge

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I know the feeling look :

Here

To see our second Hood :lol: :lol:

Guest chriszxr750

wow i thought i had some problems.

good website, it will help me some what.

must ask why these people bothered to start a project and then bodge it!!!!!!!!!

Guest Battery Bill

Chris

There is more to come :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Unfortunately our poor example has had 4 previous owners and you can tell where the first owners work was and it generally gets worse as the build went on :lol: :lol:

Have you considered doing a wishbone conversion? Others have done it and thats the route we have decided to take, we will be using Joeys 2B as a template and making our own wishbones to suit.

Wish us luck :lol: :lol:

If you still want the videos we are planning to get them put onto a DVD and could do an extra for you, I agree they are not that much help but they are funny and give you some idea of what the finished item should look like :lol:

Bill and Joey

Top Spammers :lol: :lol:

Guest chriszxr750

bill and joey

yeah if you could do me a copy it would be brill.

basically i need to havae an idea of how the bodywork is fitted and how it looks.

the dvd would also give me an idea if everthing else is in the right place.

I don't know if i have the time to change the front to wishbones, this is the second kit car project i have on the go at the mo (the other being base around mister ron champion book)so all i really wanted to do was quickly rebuild and repaint needed bits, sva and drive while i completed my other.

anyway thanks for your help it is greatly appreciated

Guest jimlad71

If you need the build video's for the 2b I can post you a set.

When I picked my kit up the video's were already on DVD, so it wont take me long to burn a set

Cheers

Jim

Guest chriszxr750

hi there jim

er would it be possible for you to email the dvd to me. i assume that you can put it on the computer and then have to burn it from there. that way it would save the expense of a disc etc.

thansk again

chris

Guest jimlad71

LOL email!!!!

Unfortunately its on 4 DVD's!!!!! :lol:

Email me your address and I'll post them to you next week

Off to Ibiza tonite for a stag do!!!! B)

Cheers

Jim

Hi Chris,

I see youre in Dartford.

You are not alone down here in the south!!!!

I'm in orpington & have an ex-sliding pillar 2B which Ive converted to wishbones

Len in Swanley has a sliding pillar 2B, Paul again in Orpington has a wishboned Cosworth engined 2B, Adrian in Orpington has just passed SVA, Patrick in Orpington is about 75% through his build. Sorry if Ive left anyone out..>!

Send me a PM with your details & I'll post back addresses & phone nos. so you can

visit for a look, ask advice or (worst option!!) get visited by a bunch of tea swilling mickey takers..

Welcome!!

Bob.

Chris, I think most people with a sliding pillar setup have had to fit spacers on the front wheels to get enough clearance. I used 5mm.

The rear set up sounds about right with inverted McP struts.

I also have the 4 videos for a sliding pillar build.

You can borrow them if you like.

Bob