8 replies to this topic

#1 Graydawn

Graydawn

Newbie Builder

• RHOCaR 18
  • 3 posts
  • Car type:Robin Hood 2B

Posted 06 July 2018 - 12:07 PM

Hi to everyone, apologies if any errors as first post as new member.Is anyone attending the Transport Rally at the Ironworks Museum near Oswestry on 15th July? Will be my first show and only had the 2B for four years!

Cheers,

Graham

#2 nelmo

nelmo

Magazine Editor

• Committee
  • 740 posts
  • Car type:GBS Zero

Posted 06 July 2018 - 12:28 PM

4 years and this is your first post?!  :blink:  Wow, you either don't drive it much or you really know what you're doing  :)

Why are all the events in this country in the Midlands?  :(  I never get to anything unless I'm prepared to get up at 5am and do a minimum of 300 miles!!

#3 Graydawn

Graydawn

Newbie Builder

• RHOCaR 18
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 04:08 PM

4 years and approx 200 miles per year,hoping this will go up. :rofl: .Don,t know what I am doing as not worked on a car for 30+ years, and things very quiet with the Kit Car scene in North Wales. Midlands a little bit of a slog, not even sure if the car will go that far.

#4 florin metal works

florin metal works

Hants & Dorset Area Secretary

• Area Secretary
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,685 posts
  • Car type:2B+

Posted 06 July 2018 - 04:25 PM

Why are all the events in this country in the Midlands?  :(  I never get to anything unless I'm prepared to get up at 5am and do a minimum of 300 miles!!

Can always join us over in Hampshire Neil.

#5 Andi

Andi

Visionary

• Area Secretary
  • 2,691 posts
  • Car type:Zero

Posted 06 July 2018 - 04:32 PM

Why are all the events in this country in the Midlands? 

Well it tay cos of or bostin accents......... an it  tay cos wim considerably richer than yow

But maybe because it WAS the hardware capital of the world and had a lots and lots of car factories and there are still quite a few kit companies up here.

Plus we have to be active cos  all the pork pies, faggots n pays, stilton, marmite, and crisps will kill us  :rofl:  :rofl:

Edited by Andi, 06 July 2018 - 04:32 PM.

GBS ZERO

"Don`t try, and you`ll never fail"

Homer Simpson

#6 Steve49er

Steve49er

Wheely good builder!

• RHOCaR 18
  • 240 posts
  • Car type:Robin Hood 2B GBS Superspec 00003

Posted 07 July 2018 - 03:18 PM

Went to the IRONWORKS it's a brilliant day out and all for a simple Donation to Charity, worth the mileage  8)

#7 cb750

cb750

Wheely good builder!

• RHOCaR 18
  • 1,300 posts
  • Car type:3A

Posted 14 July 2018 - 07:59 PM

Going to try and make it to Oswestry tomorrow

#8 cb750

cb750

Wheely good builder!

• RHOCaR 18
  • 1,300 posts
  • Car type:3A

Posted Yesterday, 12:55 PM

Went to this on Sunday. Great place with lots to see. Plenty of cars, we were number 305. Weather was good which was a bonus. Followed Graham in and we were parked in the metalwork safari field just behind the hippos! Had my 2 minutes of fame being interviewed about the car and made sure I promoted Rhocar!

#9 Graydawn

Graydawn

Newbie Builder

• RHOCaR 18
  • 3 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:00 PM

Great to meet up with you Rob. Really nice day out and plenty to see in very relaxed atmosphere.Thought I would try joining small parade around the site, but car decided to misbehave when starting in 1st or reverse, tramping i thing this is called ,which made the procession not too enjoyable.Got Home  ok though. Therefore more work required on the car. 

Rob, you have done an exceptional job on your 3A and you have given me something to aim for with mine,look forward to seeing you at another show in future.Cheers