Lightweight Sva

Guest ReadingTrev

When Jon made his comments I'm sure he wasn't aware of the reinforcements I had made for SVA.

Trevor.

Absolutely right, Trev. What happened to the "WWW" buttons on the posts?

I'm going to go and see Pete's car as soon as I can. Pete, please PM me your telephone number / address. I've been dying to pop over for a nose at it!

Matt, I read that into the announcement too. Still, they must be doing something - they just aren't telling us what.

Trev - hang in there mate!

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ReadingTrev

Since you have asked what’s going on behind the scenes Mat, I have made some phone calls to find out.

On 3 separate days this week I have phoned asking to speak with Ian Rowley (RHSC’s MD) and he has been to busy, or in a meeting to speak to me each time. (Clive the other Director is on holiday.)

At no point has the factory ever returned my calls.

The letter which they were sending me that was promised last week never arrived.

I have spoken to Southampton and they did phone them once just after the car failed, but not since.

Today, I also spoke to Steve Bardsley, the UK SVA technical manager at VOSA Swansea, who confirmed that RHSC have not spoken to him at all.

Interestingly, he confirmed that he has sent a memo to all SVA stations warning them to look at certain areas closely on all Lightweights presented. (Chassis, and seatbelt mounting areas.)

This is a very worrying development indeed, almost the worst case scenario in some ways, the path is now blocked for all Lightweights in their current state.

The most disappointing thing in all this has been the lack of information coming from the factory to all of us building Lightweights, apart from the statement they posted here, nothing has changed over the last week and a half.

These are the facts as of today.

Trevor.

Guest stu205

Im aware of that Mat but you would have thought if they have read the thread then they would follow up the first announcement with a bit of a progress report (in the news section)

Why not point out to RHSC that they show a picture of a torsional rigidity jig in their latest brochure (see pic).

On the facing page are the words "At Robin Hood Sports Cars we are constantly assessing and measuring out products, we have in-house torsional rigidity testing equipment and so far these tests have exceeded our expectations". Why not at least let the SVA people see those results?!!

Pete

post-1247-1155920810_thumb.jpg

Guest zoomzoom

Well its not getting any better,and i know RHSC can't make any promise to put things right but they don't seem to want to know!!

Should have known that it was gonna be like this 3 months ago, after visiting the factory to collect some parts and was told that i should have called first. This was after 5 phone calls , one of them the day before in which i was told all my parts were waiting for me.

I'm crossing everthing, and hoping for good luck that they even consider this is a matter for them to deal with :ph34r:

Yet another page from an old RH brochure. This one showing "One of many test rigs at the Robin Hood factory, this one is testing seat belt anchorage points on a prototype vehicle for SVA suitability".

GET THAT THING ONTO THE LIGHTWEIGHT NOW!

Also says on that page that "Providing you follow our instructions carefully when building your Robin Hood you will get your car through the test and our instructional videos dwell heavily on the test. All components supplied by us are compatible for SVA test in force at the date of sale."

The evidence against RH is mounting...

Pete B)

post-1247-1155929548_thumb.jpg

The l/w in the picture having the seat belt test is not of the same construction as the one I'm building as it seem to have a tubular frame at the back attached to the roll bar. So the test results could'nt be used for my car only if rhsc supply it foc. <_<