Lightweight Sva

Guest ReadingTrev

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest timswait

Trev,

Comisserations on all the effort you expended on the build of that car, I know how gutted I would have been if my car had been taken away from me just when I had finished it. :(

On the plus side I firmly believe the 2B is a better design and that in the end you'll finish up with a better car than the lightweight would have been (I know I'm opening a can of worms there!) Also compared to the situation you were in a few weeks ago you must be chuffed and it does seem that RHSC have done "the right thing" by you, I just hope that it's resolved as agreeably for the other lightweight builders.

Tim

There are obvious pluses and minuses between the designs of the l/w and the 2b. I think it is more a matter of what features appeal to an individual builder, and what the plans are for the vehicle. From what i have seen, the 2b is also a good vehicle, and i am sure Trev will be very happy w/ it. Good luck in the build.

In fact, i remember seeing a sale notice for 2b by someone who had just finished building it. He said "i only like building the things, not driving them". So, your lucky Trev...you get to build another!!! ;)

Guest Dan_Beeston

Hi Trev,

First off, best of luck with the 2B build, and congratulations for staying sane!

Secondly, how complete was the 2B kit?, have you recieved windscreen, steering rack, luggage cover, shocks etc? :huh:

Guest Battery Bill

Dan

Secondly, how complete was the 2B kit?, have you recieved windscreen, steering rack, luggage cover, shocks etc?

Oh Dear, I think you have just opened another can of Worms :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

Guest salty_monk

Sorry... but you asked for it this time!! :p :lol:

Battery_Bill_rgb-1.jpg

Glad Trevor has found a satisfactory conclusion. A few weeks back I posted that I'm sure we can design a way to get the Lightweight through the SVA, it may turn it into a "light middle weight" as someone else said but it doesn't seem to be so hard. Saw some good ideas posted earlier, perhaps a tubular subfame would solve the seat belt mounting points (square). How are they done on the other monocoque cars?

As they are in administration I doubt they will be placing any new orders to suppliers, no credit left so it'll be interesting to see what they've got in stock.

Trevor - how did you handle all the donor parts & stuff? Did you strip your car or did they give you a bunch of new donor parts or what??

Dan :)

So are RH going to get Trev's car through the SVA then just to prove it can be done?

I think they should get it SVA'd and give it back to Trev as a PR exercise, they'd also learn what needs to be done to future Lightweights and produce an add on kit for all existing builders.

PS I'll eat the CryptKickers upholstery at one of the major shows if they do :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think I'm quite safe :unsure:

Guest ReadingTrev

Hi,

In answer to your questions,

The kit was recalled as unused from a build partner. It is a complete kit minus the luggage cover and shocks, however, I am buying a set of GAZ from Dampertech on Sunday at Donnington. (See you all at the RHOCaR stand!)

They included a full “donor pack,” inc 2L inj engine and gearbox, so I don’t have to strip down another Sierra. (Thankfully!)

Trevor.

Guest yosamite sam

personally i think they are taking the mickey out of you - i would of at least expected the whole car to be built by them, and you should not have to fork out any more money whatsoever... bet there is no mention of all the consumables that goes into a build - the hidden costs of building a car...

(Edited by Mat to remove swearing)

personally i think they are taking the mickey out of you

I don't think so. Having spoken to Trev at length I think we both agree that he has in fact been compensated more than adequately for the heartache he has been through.

I was actually pleasantly surprised by RHSC's generosity in the circumstances, but as Trev will tell you all at Donny, it was done in the nick of time!!!! :lol:

Guest zoomzoom

Trev, glad you got something from rhsc and wish you luck in the new build.

Any ideas or tips you could give me on how to progress my build to pass sva (any hints you might have heard from the men at vosa) please lets us all know :D :D :D

Marcus

It is a complete kit minus the luggage cover and shocks, however, I am buying a set of GAZ from Dampertech on Sunday at Donnington. (See you all at the RHOCaR stand!)

Could RHSC not offer you the GAZ shocks?

I have been trying for months to get a set from them to go with my kit but if they couldn't supply you with them I guess I'll have to give up and take the hit of the unsubsidised price. Thankfully I don't think they have billed me for them yet.