Be Warned

Guest Andy Badger

Guest Andy Badger

Hi guys,

just a warning for you all. About 60 yards from my house i was pulled over by a member of the GM traffic police who cordially handed me a £30 fixed penalty fine for handling my phone whilst driving (the phone fell out of the console & i just put it back in.)

I must hasten to add that i had my bluetooth headset on & wasnt talking on the phone, but because it wasnt in a cradle i was flouting the law. Apparently i passed the ars3h0le test, if i hadnt passed it then i could have been handed an endorsement for driving without due care & attention & have points with the cash fine.

Just dont want anyone else to suffer the same misfortune as i did!!!

In fact the way my luck is running at the moment i could fall into a bucket full of boobs & end up sucking my thumb!!!!

(can almost hear Jim laughing from here!!!)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Andy Badger
:o :o then you phone me to tell me what happend and the phone cuts out, or did you get caught again

phone cut out mate....sorry!!! I was on the way to the trafford centre with the wife so i was financially distracted!!!!

:blink:

Guest tom2b

I have got a bluetooth handsfree kit in my car, the one where you dont have to touch the phone whilst driving as all the controls are on the main dash mounted unit. So does that mean my phone still has to be in the cradle?

Guest Andy Badger

Knew i could rely on you guys to extract the urine!

The phone has to be in a cradle is the letter of the law. I suspect that if you dont touch the phone at all then you will probably get away with it as most traffic bobbies seem to be the most sensible out of them all. But as he handed me the fine with a coke & a smile he said it was because i was handling the phone & it wasnt in a cradle.

hope that clears it up. Im sure enforcer could shed some more light on the subject.

All i know is im £30 lighter than i was at 16:00 yesterday!

Guest SteveL
I have got a bluetooth handsfree kit in my car, the one where you dont have to touch the phone whilst driving as all the controls are on the main dash mounted unit. So does that mean my phone still has to be in the cradle?

I don't believe so. As it's a bluetooth link, your phone could be in your pocket, in a bag, or even in the boot. The important thing is that you shouldn't touch your phone to use it unless it's in a cradle.

Steve

Guest salty_monk

I think the law states that you can touch your phone with a finger (for dialling numbers) but you're not allowed to handle it. That's why it has to be in a cradle so it's secure when you prod it...

85 quid from a camera van?? What for? Last time I got 3 points the fine was 60 quid & then time before it was 40 quid (years ago). Have they gone up again??

I think they should probably be proportional to earnings, one of the cold countries does that...

Dan :)

I think he must have been offered the speed awareness course i went on one

a couple of months back, four or five counties do them, if you are just over the

limit you get offered the course and don`t get any points works out cheap as your

insurance doen`t go up.

Dave