Chassis/engine Trouble

Guest mitch2b

Guest mitch2b

Hi hope you can help with this little problem. I have a robin hood 2B plus and would like to fit a 2.0 DOHC engine. can you tell me if this is possible.

Thanks

Sam mitchell :wacko:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest salty_monk

It can & has been done (who did it exscapes me right now... sorry) but you may need to make some changes to the transmission tunnel in order to get the MT75 box to fit. Not sure if you have to make any mods in the engine bay to the chassis too, it's a possibilty.

You'll also have to plate over the side panel for the exhaust as stated.

Not sure if the Type 9 will mate to a DOHC as an alternative, probably.

Les Welsher has a DOHC in his car, not sure if it was the purpose build kit or he modded it though...

Dan :)

Guest chris brown
Les Welsher has a DOHC in his car, not sure if it was the purpose build kit or he modded it though...
Les's car is a standard 2B but as Salty says there has to be mods to the chassis to get the MT75 in but the best thing is to talk to Les he will tell you how he did it.

Hi Mitch

If you get about 9mm shaved off the fly wheel you can fit a type 9 gearbox to a dohc engine ,There's a lot of other alterations you need to do (pedal box , alternator, exhaust) it's easier to stick with a pinto.

Robin

I used the type 9 gearbox rather that altering the chassis to take the MT75.

Here's some of the problems I encountered clicky

How I did it is all on my web site.

Being told by Richard that it won't fit I thought now that's a challenge, having done that and driven it for a few years, as of yesterday I have bought an RS 2000 engine for a winter project to see if I can get that to fit. An extra 50 bhp for tackdays :p

Les

Guest MrSandman

By DOHC 2.0 are we talking Zetec or the engine fitted in the last of the Sierras.

If going for a swap, I would definitely go for the Zetec option as it is a shorter lighter lump than the Pinto and puts out noticeably more power.

It can also be mated to the type 9 with little effort.

Does seem a lot of trouble for very little power gain. The DOHC engine has virtually no tuning info for it and Burton Performance just give it 1 paragraph, then never mention it again.

The DOHC engine still only has 8 valves and i have never seen aftermarket cams for it.

Hi hope you can help with this little problem. I have a robin hood 2B plus and would like to fit a 2.0 DOHC engine. can you tell me if this is possible.

Of course it does. All you have to do is a few Hoodie mods..

Les Welsher and Myself fitted DOHC with different methods. Depends on which gearbox type 9 (les) will go in MT75 (mine) needs some mods.

Check out our web sites. mine --- http://www.gbowden.co.uk , Les's is on his personal details.

have fun

Graham

that was confusing for a minute, i thought i was asking question :huh:

is there room for two Mitch's on RHOCAR :lol: :D :lol:

welcome to rhocar and good luck with the build, Les and graham will answer all the queries, re to the dohc engine, but it may be easier going for a normal pinto, or going straight for a zetec if mods are requiered

hth

Mitch (AKA Mitch2b on other sites)

Guest chris brown

I think Mitch (the elder :p :p :wub: ) is giving good advice fit a pinto in the first place then if you want to change the engine at a later date go for a zetec or vx as there is very little to be gained if anything as there is very few after market goodies to be had for the DOHC