Mclaren Guilty!

Guest Takumi

Mclaren have been fined $100M and lost all their 2007 constructors points.

Will Mclaren be racing in 2008? or will they bankrupt with all the sponsors dropping their contracts for next year..

Guest timswait

All the teams spy on each other, it's all part of the game, I think really it's just an issue with the 11th Commandment, "Thou shallt not get caught"

Of course McLaren will appeal, if the appeal's successful then Ferrari will appeal that too, and this can still be wrangling on til the end of the season! Has Formula 1 just gone completely bonkers or has it been going this way for a while?

Obviously the FIA are still to publish their findings. But at last the witch hunt has caught Ron, and lets face it that is what this is really all about: to get McLaren and Ron Denis, one of the most successful managers and teams AND most outspoken!

Yes their guy had documentation, but looking at the time lines given so far; he only had that after the MP4-22 was already hitting the test track with very fast times!

Taking Constructor points and not driver points is a nonescence - but taking driver points would have been suicide for the FIA given that this is the best season in 10 years. The fine is massive and only 2 team could afford such a huge fine for this crime: Ferrari and McLaren. So if another smaller team gets caught down the line doing something similar is the FIA going to fine them $100M? and bankrupt them? Probably not.... but in that case how does that stack against fair and equitable ? Well obviously it doesn't.

I was a fan of ferrari through to the mid 90's when the gang of three arrived since then I can't support them as a team - they have no ethics! Critising everyone as though they never did anything worng, but they have cheated many many times, even this year they ran an illegal car in OZ and won and have kept the points?!?!?!

The really odd thing about all this is..... that the McLaren does not have any Ferrari technolgy on it, and the FIA agreed with that 2 months ago. So exaclty how McLaren have cheated to the tune of No Points and $100M is staggering.

Anyway rant over! Lewis for Champion!!!!!! Alsonso for Runner up !!!!!!! and Nick Hiedfeld for 3rd :D

e

Guest allenr03

There has to be more to it than what has been made public so far. The only way I can see that Maclaren used the info was when they questioned the legality of Ferarri's moving floor, if they had the technical details they would know all about it and could have used that as a basis for the objection they raised.

Yes, the FIA agreed 2 months ago no Ferarri technology was used and I can't see them fining Ron and Co $100m just for the moving floor issue - there has to be a LOT more to it.

Spying is common place in F1, EVERY team has spotters trying to photograph other cars, work out fuel loads etc, to me its no worse than retailers finding out what their competitors are up to and beating them to market (and that happens alot I can tell you!)

I wonder if the guy from Ferarri did a walk around the car with a few bits of "This is how you get it past the FIA officials" on DVD like Richard Stewart did!!

Well having now read the fia's findings as published to the media there is some evidence that information was shared with 2 drivers. But there is no proof where that info came from?!? The fia clearly states it doesn't need proof to find McLaren guity. Only a suggestion of wrong doing.

In fact the FIA has chosen to believe what it wants - ie they don't believe any of the statements form McLaren employees about what happened.

So if you might possibly be guity then you must be..... :(

e