What A Good Club

DAVE CASTLE

What a good club I belong to!!!!

Yesterday 5 members descended upon me, all armed & ready to fit my wet weather gear so that I'll be OK for Le Mans. As many of you know, I'm unable to do much at the moment as my left arm is out of action.

Marilyn & I (cos she wants me out of her hair for a week) want to say a big THANKS to Big Jim - Do I - Mitch - Simon - Tony Tank - in no particular order, for their time & effort.

The camaraderie of our club is second to none as most of my neighbours have commented.

I hope that I will in the near future, be able to be of help to those who may need it.

Once again, many thanks.

Dave & Marilyn.

Guest shaggy

Dave,

I couldn't quite understand why the guys hadn't fitted the hood for you in a couple of hours. It only transpired that it took well into the wee small hours after dismantling the followng parts to fit the hood and side screens:-

Bonnet

windscreen

indicators

side view mirrors

virtually every nut andbolt holding the front end on (including rivots)

steering rack (why they took that apart, I'm not sure, perhaps JIM wasn't happy with the seating position of the wheel when he sat in the car)

But when the engine mounts were starting to be felted with, I felt I had to interupt and ask why????

Hope the trip goes well Dave

Si

p.s. did we really clean you out of 6 packets of chocolate hob nobs?

Guest chris brown

Well done guys I just wish I was a bit nearer then I would have been there as well. Just can’t resist Hobnobs :yahoo:

Dave who is doing the driving down?

there were Hobnobs!!!!!!!!!, thats what Simon was doing, looked like a dog guarding a bone, it was the bloody biscuit tin he was hiding!!!!!!,

Your welcome Dave, thats what the clubs about, hope you dont need the hood, and Lemans is dry and sunny.(you wont get it back on if you ever take it off anyhow)

Mitch

Guest shaggy

That's right - 5 packs for me cos I saw em first - you greedy buggers.............

You turn up, kick a few tyres and expect feeding as well - there was even an order for pie chips and peas WITH gravy if you please

Now not wanting to point fingers(ouch!!) but there are 4 people working, and 1 guarding the hob nobs..........but I wouldn't like to say who..... ;) :D :D

I did my best to come out in sympathy with our David, I also suffered sever lacerations to my finger, OK, only a bit of a scratch, (note to self, move bloody finger when closing knife!)

Dave HAS been practicing driving with one hand, does quite thing it'll work with the hood on though!

:D :D :D :D ;)

post-51-1212007530_thumb.jpg

post-51-1212007569_thumb.jpg