Adverts On Telly

Longboarder

i always love the ones that make up science words - 'pentapeptides' and 'creatin' more like cretin for buying the stuff.

i also noticed that the ads in CSI were predominantly for female hygine products which shows the main audience for CSI is women which is a little worrying when the show is basically a how to kill people and get away with it. My girfriend loves it :mellow: gulp!!

My wife is CSI obsessed.

I hate them "had a trip or a fall?" type adverts or the "now you can borrow enough money to get completely out of debt?????????"

type s

Especially the latter as they are obviously aimed at people out of work or housewives with mortgages due to the fact they are on in the day.

The words scum and vultures wouldnt be too strong methinks.

Guest TerryBarry

A pentapeptide is a "polypeptide" composed of five aminoacids - quite what it does for wrinkles is unclear.

I love the ad where the guy is trying to mow his little lawn when the mower blows up.

After borrowing loads of money - Against his house of course - He suddenly has a new car etc. plus a ride-on mower which is so big I don't know how he manages to turn it around, without invading next door's garden - and all the time his admiring wife grins on like the Cheshire cat :D .

Best of all are these "special" yoghurts - with Bifidus Regularis etc.

See THIS link for an explanation - well maybe, maybe not :rolleyes:

Oi. Don't knock the Pilkington K ads! I work for pilks so if the ads work, I score more bonus! Brian

not knocking k glass just that replacement window companys are try to say that they fit it free when they have to any way.

Guest scottie686

For me adverts annoy me no end...............but................there are two which i think are brilliant. First was the Dairy Milk advert with the Gorilla on the drums to Phil Collins (genius) and the second is for Drench water and is Brains from Thunderbirds dancing to 'Rhythm is a Dancer'!! Superb!!

Scott.

Anything to do with 'Tenalady' or that awful one with three women sitting at a cafe table when one pulls a packet of pills out of her bag and says, "Have you tried these?".... 'stool softeners'.

Mind you I've sat on some pretty uncomfortable stools in many pubs so a softener wouldn't be a bad thing.

:o

"I was fitting a fire alarm, and was given the wrong type of ladder"

makes me wince every time it comes on, as soon as i hear those words it gets turned over!

been there, bought the t-shirt!

and then there's the one telling women to change their hair colour or something

i could've sworn at the end it comes up on the screen urging women to be a

"shared beaver" :lol:

Tracey reckon's that's good for me, she thought i was gonna say a

"shaved beaver" ;)

cheers

ek B)