Stafford Show

Jamiep

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ian & Carole
Can caravans use the camping area,If they can does this apply to all Kit Car shows

Thanks in advance Jon

Hi Jon

We take the caravan to most shows, so to answer your question YES :D :D

Detling was free this year IIRC??.

Stoneleigh around £30-£40 for the weekend but that includes entry to the show on both days

Newark is always charge around £20 and also includes entry into the show on both days

We all now know that there is a charge at Stafford which includes entry into the show on one day only.

We have never been to Exeter so I can't comment on that show, a bit to far to travel for us for a weekend.

We will be at Stafford in the van, if you are coming pop in and have a coffee :D :D

HTHs

ps don't expect hookups though......

Guest Ian & Carole

Can you buy tickets on the gate or do you have to order them?

What day is the best to go?

Pay on the day, if I wasn't there for the whole weekend, I think I would go on the Saturday when every thing/one is still fresh and keen, if you know what I mean.

Make sure you come across and say hello at the club gazebo, you could even join the club, while you have a cup off coffee :D with us.

was going to makea weekend of it and camp but not at £25 so andi i am intrested in camping near by or will just do the day visit or may be not bother to attend as a matter of protest to being ripped off like rob said how to kill a show in one easy step. dont these guys know we are in recession. keep us posted andi on the other option was looking forward to it as well

Like I posted earlier, I could do with a rough show of hands just as a matter of courtesy to Farmer Giles.

Though I have explained it could be anything from 10 to 100+ and I shall extend this to other clubs as well

as we are all in the same boat.

I will ring them back tomorrow night. I did explain that if the charges are dropped significantly then we would all stay

at the show, which they were fine with.

since there seams to be no price published any where for camping the oter option is to just say well i thought it was a fiver and dont you think 500% increase is a bit much get stuffed heres my fiver take it or leave it im camping anyway

Guest mower man
:nea: Well here we go again ! kit car magazine editors are in my opion one of the sleaziest set of people in the country they are only interested in removing as much of your disposable income from your pocket as possible offering in return repeat after repeat,double adds, personal dubious rants about each other,the goverment etc so I,m not surprised about this latest debacle.If the 25 quid offered a top class site/pitch,entry to the show for two days ,free electric hook up,serviced showers/toilets it would be a fair deal but Idoubt it will,Iwill be at the show on sat and enjoy it so enough of the rant andhope to see youall on saturday regards mowerman :yahoo:

Guest Bob's Babe

Has anyone checked that the £25 is £5 for camping and £10 each day for tintop entry?

It may be £5 only for those of you in a kitcar......

this is how it works at the other shows when Tim and I have done it in a kit and a tin top,

me in the the tin top is a total of £25 for two days entry and camping (plus cost of kids)

whilst Tim in the kit only pays £5.

Just a thought, we have paid like this in the passed.

SUE ;)

Has anyone checked that the £25 is £5 for camping and £10 each day for tintop entry?

It may be £5 only for those of you in a kitcar......

this is how it works at the other shows when Tim and I have done it in a kit and a tin top,

me in the the tin top is a total of £25 for two days entry and camping (plus cost of kids)

whilst Tim in the kit only pays £5.

Just a thought, we have paid like this in the passed.

SUE ;)

this may well be the case Sue think i will just turn up friday night and give them a fiver if they say they want more then will just have to explian to all the traders that have paid to stand that i would have loved to bought there product but Dan tanner bleed me dry at the gate sorry.

Has any -one had a postive reply from Den ?? if not go with the offer from Farmer Giles next door & hire in a portaloo @ around £60 a day only needs a couple of dozen campers to make it economic -- it's the only way to show the event organisers; otherwise all the comments on here become just so much hot air to them; if you stay away you both loose.

Guest Ian & Carole

Hi Sue and all reading this.

In the news release Den Tanner sent me it said .........."a small charge of £25.00 for camping......"

Still no reply to emails sent, and no return calls from the office to either Steve Johnston or me after both being told they would be in touch.

All I can say is watch this space.

Both Steve and I are doing our best to resolve this issue so please bear with us, we will keep you informed and in the loop.