Rivet Nut Tool And Rivet Nuts

speedtripledan

Can anyone suggest the cheapest place to obtain the tool + rivnuts so far ebay at £68 for a sealey one is the cheapest/ best i,ve found. or is there anyone near me that has one that could either lend / pop round and do 6 nuts for me 4 x m5 and 2 x m10 (For a beer token)

Thanks Dan

If you only have a couple to do put them in with a nut bolt and washer.

Get a bolt, 50mm is ideal, put on nut followed by a large washer screw on the rivinut untill it is flush with the end of the bolt thread, thighten the nut untill the washer contacts the rivinut.

Shove the rivinut into the hole, hold the head of the bolt steady with a spanner and thighten the nut untill the rivinut expands and locks in place.

Remove bolt etc.

Steve

If you only have a couple to do put them in with a nut bolt and washer.

Get a bolt, 50mm is ideal, put on nut followed by a large washer screw on the rivinut untill it is flush with the end of the bolt thread, thighten the nut untill the washer contacts the rivinut.

Shove the rivinut into the hole, hold the head of the bolt steady with a spanner and thighten the nut untill the rivinut expands and locks in place.

Remove bolt etc.

Steve

Like that idea will give that a try 1st. Thanks should have thought of that myself :huh:

i have one of them there ok but dont put to much pressure on them when using it i pulled the in left hand thread out off mine making it unusable

so there ok just be gentle

Guest smartfazer
For Nut and bolt method see boys in hoods spring 2009 issue page 26 :D

LINK

Stephen

Another good reason for becoming a fully paid up member.

Thanks Stephen, I knew I had seen this somewhere.

Steve

Hi Dan, I've got a rivnut tool (from tifosi). You can borrow it, but I'm not sure if it will do M10. M5's are fine.

If you're not in any hurry, you could pick it up at the next Fox House meet.

Nick

All sorted now thanks. i will get to a meet soon, if its not work its the weather :(

• 5 weeks later...