Power Upgrade

Guest Tim Norman

I feel sorry for you Tim, looks like you will miss out on the best bit's of wire brushing / de-greasing / painting. Your just going to have to bite the bullet and fit it the way it is. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Steve

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stuartl

That is the only down side and I am of course.....................heart broken. :sorry:

MY ARSE!

What a waste of all that lovely space you will have when I collect 'Bob' next weekend!

Guest Stuartl

Hey I hope poor Bob isn't being left out in the rain in favour of these new hairs!

Sounds like he needs rescuing and gracing our carpeted heated garage asap!

Guest Tim Norman

Well I started!

Scuttle is off so I can put the Emerald in. Its not been all palin sailing though. The manifold had been fixed with some very stickey black stuff and it took the best part of the morning to get off. That sorted The new valley gasket is on and the manifolds fitted. I have temporaily put the water rail on and the throttle bodies just to see what they look like. They look sweet but the angle of the thermostat housing is wrong so I need it changing. Once I work out what angle it needs to be I'll drop it in to GBS for fettling. I also managed to pick up on ebay a Coswrth back end to replace the back end of Bobson. I have absolutley no doubt that it wont fit and will need some serious work, as is my luck, but hey, it willl be worth it! Might even paint it while its off the road.

post-13-062786200 1281208515_thumb.jpg

post-13-073183300 1281208533_thumb.jpg

Guest Stuartl

Oh yes. When I can work out where to mount it. I do have the original ARB from the 4X4 but it is quite a bit thinner!

Looking forward to seeing this car!

Guest Stuartl

It wll still be in bits when ou visit! :(

Thats the beauty of us males though Tim, being able to get excited about boxes of parts.

Women dont have that ability, poor things! :rolleyes:

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Tim Norman

Throttle bodies are on but the water rail is causing me huge headaches, its been done three times, all worng, so I havebodged it and am having a new one made! The airbox for the throttle bodies also looked simple in my head, the reality however, is is the thing of nightmares . The wiring is a slow work in progress, taking the old loom apart, and making up a new one. Does anybody know the ideal pairing for the injectors on the Rover V8, I have emailed Emerald but as yet have had no reply.

I might scrap the rest of this year and do a few more upgrades. It would all be happening faster if I was working locally rather than in London. So I am looking for work nearer home as well.

Hi Tim,

Not much help on the injector pairing sequence i'm afraid mate, but i can help with the

airbox/boxes if you fancy.

I won't be able to make you a carbon airbox, but i can gladly machine you up a mould to have a

fibreglass one made from?

You design etc etc, profiled, corner radiused etc etc...

Let me know if interested Tim, pop round to discuss if necessary.

Regards,

Nick.