Power Upgrade

Guest Tim Norman

ATTABOY!!!!

nowt quite like a V8 on open pipes...!!!

BTW bad (ish) news for the Vette....we will be limited to 113 DB at the Pod by the end of next season....

NFI how the H&LL were gonna do that....theres no room for any silencers anywhere....

We may just have to go turbos instead of the blower..

BOB

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Tim Norman

Now have a date to work to for the trip to Emerald. 18th February. But before that I still need to;

Get a lambda boss welded into the exhaust.

Fix the new loom in

Sort the rear fog light and switch

Refill and bleed brakes

Make new boot liner and cover

Fabricate some rear inner wheel arches (Thinking along the lines of 1mm ABS plastic sheet if anyone knows of a cheap supply)

Then MOT it!

Fabricate some rear inner wheel arches (Thinking along the lines of 1mm ABS plastic sheet if anyone knows of a cheap supply)

Then MOT it!

Hi Tim

Not much left to do now I would have thought you could have fitted the re spray in as well :vava:

Is the plastic to line under the wheel arch against the tub? or actually line the arch?

If you want PM me your number and I will have a look at work to see what we have and give you a call

Steve

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Tim Norman

Nearly there with the paint. Needs a few more coats on the nose and bonnet and perhaps a bit of a clean! New dash is done and in but forgot to take a picture of that!

Emerald in two weeks for a tune then put it all together and get him MOT'd Hope to back on the road in March.

post-13-0-23350800-1296482252_thumb.jpg

Guest Tim Norman

Not sure what to expect! With the big carb I had 180 at the back wheels and enough torque to slow the Earth! I had a bit of hesitation when I floored it and the revs would come up slowish. I am just hoping for the rev range to be a lot more user friendly and 300BHP would suffice but unlikely. Over 200 at the back wheels though will be a nice return.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tim Norman

And the results are in.

200bhp at the back wheels and 255ftlb of torque

The torque curve is flat at 255 ish from 2000 to 5400

Well happy . Oh and a noise that sounds like Odin is have a good time!

The guys at Emerald were superb and were suitably imppressed with the appearance. He drew a bit of a crowd during the final half hour!

Unfortunately Dave was in France bringing his brother home, sadly he lost him last week.