Power Upgrade

Guest Tim Norman

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sounds a very good result for the long hard sturggle you've had to get here.

Itd be very interesting to see what it would do on a 1/4 mile RWYB at the POD....

Just one set of traffic lights and a straight road...!!!

http://www.rwyb.co.uk/dates.php

If you fancy a day out let me nknow & I'll meet you there I'm itching to try mine out too after all the tinkering! 14.2 & 96mph to beat.

Bob

Guest Tim Norman

Just typed in Bobson's torue figures and found this on a Subaru forum

"Standard power figures quoted by Prodrive for the Classic PPP

Power - 238BHP / 255 ft/lb torque"

10 BHP more than Bobson but torque's the same.

Well chuffed

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Tim Norman

Went for MOT today, failed on some very minor points to do with wiring of rear lights and a split gaitor on the steering rack. However, the short drive to the MOT station did reveal two things. it is riduculously quick, and I need some very sticky tyres!

I spun the rears up in third at 30mph!

Guest Tim Norman

Also just spotted the rear brakes only acting on half the pad. Checked the tinterweb and Cosworth rear discs are 273mm as opposed to the 253mm of the "normal" Sierra.Bugger. New discs ordered! .nea.gifcray.gif

I will get him on the road soon!

So now I have a almost brand new solid rear discs I need to sell.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tim Norman

Passed the MOT last week but too late to get it taxed so did that yesterday. First proper drive today. What can I say................................

Hugely disappointed :sorry: .With the foot planted it was unbelievably quick but at part thottle it was popping and spitting back and if I blipped the throttle during a change down it sounded like it was going to stall!

The thottle cable was also sticking. I am going to have a look at a better throttle linkage tomorrow but if that doesn't solve it I will be gutted. There doesn't seem to be any of the smooth acceleration I was expecting. It coughs and splutters up to 2500 then all hell breaks loose and I trip up over the horizon! Not at all what I was hoping for. Well and truely *bleep* off tonight.

If no joy tomorrow then Emerald will be getting a none to pleasant call on Monday.

Guest Tim Norman

No joy on Sunday and to top it all off the phone line was down so no internet. Emerald will be getting the call today. If no joy from them I am locking the garage door and walking away. I'll try again later. Like 2012!

So goodbye for now and maybe see you all in a year.

• 1 month later...
Guest Tim Norman

Took him to torque tune and bugger me Bobson is alive and well! Few things to sort but that is fine tuning and for now I'm just glad he is on the road.

post-13-0-22154200-1305464044_thumb.jpg

post-13-0-67730900-1305464067_thumb.jpg

post-13-0-95254100-1305464075_thumb.jpg