Guest chris brown

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest chris brown

Morning all

Just in case you were wondering where your tickets are, well the email I have just received gives the answer (see below). It would apear that they havent even sent out the ones for thr 24 hour yet never mind the Classic. I will get them sent out as soon as I receive them.

BTW I still have one camping place left.

Chris

Dear Sir, Dear Madam,

We inform you that we are sending the tickets for the 24 Heures du Mans and this, until beginning of June.

You will find on the website on the first page of the tickets, the calendar with all the sending dates for each race.

Tickets for Le Mans Classic will be sent later.

Thanks for your understanding and patience.

Best regards

The Ticket office.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest peter2b2002

is the camping ticket for 1 person or per car, as 2bfrank hopes to come with me in my 2b( with 2 tents) once I get the engine back in after a clutch change ,

peter2b

Guest Getting There

Hi

Just got to work this morning and had a UPS package on my desk conatining 6 tickets for the event and paddock entry! Getting excited now!!

Have Fun

Chris

Guest chris brown

Me too Chris but only with the general entry and paddock plus grandstand (6 of each)

But have had another email from the ACO (2 in one month!!! unheard of) saying the camping tickets will be sent out soon.

Quote "We are right now finishing to send tickets for 24 Heures du Mans.

Tickets for Le Mans Classic will be sent later not before end of this month or beginning of June.

There has been some delay and we are sorry about that."

Peter

The ticket is per car so if you take a people carrier full it works out really cheap

• 4 weeks later...
Guest scrabster

evening all, just a word of warning about the camping at le mans. mate at work has just come back from the 24hr and he says theft from the camp sites are rife,and mostley being done by the friendly romanian gypsy type people,they are slitting tents open when people are sleeping.one english man had his wallet stolen and they even tried to take his watch whilst he was asleep but they woke him up and he put up a struggle and got assaulted.they were also stealing bar-b-cues,one woman had 4 tied to a bycycle,i bet the bike was nicked aswell.errr...have a nice trip everyone and lock all valuables away.

regards,jess.

Guest smash

Hmm...I wouldn't get too paranoid you'll end upworrying all the time and not enjoying it - feedback on PH is a few instances (and often where stuff was left in communal area of tent and not slept on or locked in car) plus main LM is very different kettle of fish to classic - guess it depends where you're camped.

Where is the RHO camp? Would love to come over and say Hi

I'm in Maison Blanche with a group of ex-cobra mates in P&Q 56-63 (nice block!) pop in and say hello! Look for "Ye Olde Snake Head" marquee lol!

Car nearly ready - just got to put the full screen on and get a couple of rubble sacks from Jewsons as waterproof travel storage ;)

Long range forecast looking good apart from bit of rain Thursday

Guest peter2b2002

who is going to Dover on Monday ? for the tuesday ferry, and which way, I plan to leave shropshire about 10am M6-M40,M25- M20, though I could go M6- M1 M25 to meet up others

any thoughts????

peter2b

Guest chris brown

Should be at Dover about 11.00 Tuesday for the 12.00 crossing so you will be all set up by the time we get to Rouen Bob.

Don’t forget your 1950's gear as per the dress code (not essential but a bit of fun). Photo of some of us in 2010.

post-746-047672100 1279100287_thumb.jpg

Guest peter2b2002

found out why I had lost my brakes, when I did the clutch change ,I jacked up the gearbox to get the engine out but didn't see that the gearbox had crushed the flexy brake line by the rear brake balance valve bracket, lucky for me 2bfrank had some brake pipe and fittings so all ok now , see you @ Dover, I'm staying @ a b&b in Folkstone Monday night

peter2b

The car's all prepped, oil, water, clean windows, new doors, trailer tent all packed, fuel in the morning then off to Folkstone ready for the 10.15 ferry on Sunday.

See you all in Rouen, might even have a cold beer waiting for you :drinks: