Guest chris brown

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest chris brown

Just a update for what it's worth

I have had a reply from the ACO (at last) Which I have copied below.

I am assuming the price will be about the same as last year which was £85 per car I will in a month or so be asking foe all your details (address, Phone No' email address) plus a deposit of £20.

Dear Sir, Dear Madam,

We have no prices yet for LMC 2012 and don’t take yet bookings, don’t hesitate to look on our website www.lemans.org or on the website www.lemansclassic.com as soon as we have information.

Best regards

Service Billetterie

Booking Office

Tel: +33 (0) 892.697 224 (0.34 €/min)

Fax: 02 43 40 21 22

Mail: ticket@lemans.org

Peter,

Speed Ferries went bust a few years ago, then LD Lines took on the Dover - Boulogne crossing for a year, but they have been bought out by DFDS who have since dropped the crossing.

Dover - Dunkirk is the cheapest crossing with Norfolk Line/DFDS, this adds about 40 miles each way onto your journey, alternatively Dover - Calais is looking like being around £80 return or the tunnel is around £110

• 2 weeks later...

The Essex Kit Car club ( formed out of the remnants of Essex RHOCaR), are also planning the trip, it would be good to mirror your plans of a fashion and perhaps occupy the same campsite at LeMans, I'll keep you posted.

Guest chris brown

You know as much as us Bob but prices do tend to go up after Christmas if they are selling well. As for topping up passengers the ticket is normally for car and 5 occupants so adding shouldn't be a problem. Or do what I did for the Somme trip. I had Michel (Steve & Lora's son) listed on my ticket and they didn't bat an eye to the fact that he wasn't there, so add who may be going anyway.

Chris and I have both had emails from the ACO with details of ticket offers for the classic, available until 23rd December 2011.

General entry race tickets are 59 euros

Paddock entry tickets are an additional 30 euros

Now here's the offer, if you join the ACO as a 'passion 24 VIP' member you can buy up to 6 GE tickets at 45 euros each and get FREE paddock entry. Cost to join is 98 euros, plus 6 x 45 = 370 euros, divide that by six of you and it works out at approx 62 euros each for 90 euros worth of tickets

Here's a link to the ACO website http://www.passion-24.org/htm/passion.asp

So, if you're sure you're going and want to save on ticket costs have a chat with your mates, get six of you together and take advantage.

Don't forget, you still have to buy your camping permit on top of this, these are only race entry tickets

Guest chris brown

Well after much messing about by me I have joined the ACO so as soon as I get my membership number I will order 6 general entry and 6 grandstand tickets (Bob and Mo, Stephen, Hugh and me) so there will be one spare of each so if you want them let me know.

Guest Getting There

Hi

I have now joined the ACO to get tickets for the classic for Baz, Lee, Lee's Dad, Andy, Will & Me. Took me ages to find the country in the list, my French is appalling and it came up under Grand Britain (spelt differently)! Has anyone else now managed to get to the purchasing tickets option as my French is appaling and I cant find the Yorkshire translation button anywhere!!.

If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated, I have my Numero d ACO, just cant work out what to do next!

Thanks

Chris

Guest Getting There

Hi

I have just got confirmation back from ACO that the ticket sale has gone through. This must be the worst designed website in the world but we now have 6 tickets sorted and confirmed. As well as the information that Steve has put above there is also a 17 Euro fee for sending the tickets out, or an option of collecting them for 1 Euro. Total price per person is just under 67Euro (membership, tickets and postage), so about £60. Sounds like a good deal.

To get the tickets you will need your membership number, which when you have completed and paid your membership you have to note doen, after log in it is the first number, and mine was D******1, then you can buy ticket!!

If anyone has any difficulty get in touch, I resorted to finding one of the French students and work and bribing with a free lunch to sort it out!!

Exchited already!!

Have Fun

Chris

Guest Getting There

Hello

Sorry for the bombardment with posts but getting more info by e-mail so passing it on.

Grandstands and prices:

T17 – Durand (Pits & Pit Straight) – 15E

T18 – ACO (Pits & Pit Straight) – 15E

T19 – Lagache (Start & Finish) – 25E

T20 – Leonard (Opposite pits near start/finish) – 25E

T22 – Wollek (Ford Corner & Pits Straight) – 25E

Have Fun and hopefully the last post by me!!

Thanks

Chris

Guest Getting There

Hi

The west Yorkshire contingent are booked on the 8am ferry on 5th July with the deal above. £50 return or £30 one way. Planning on staying near Dover overnight on the 4th and getting over to France for 11am on the 5th July.

Me and one of my mates are doing a road trip from Le Mans and returning from Santander Spain back to Plymouth late on Wednesday 11th July after going through Milau and Andorra for a bit of a drive.

Looking forward to it already and its nearly 8 months away!!

Thanks

Chris