Brake Master Cylinder Without Servo

Kerry

During the xe convertion I have removed the sierra servo, removed the master cylinder from the servo and fitted the brake master cylinder back onto the car, when removing the master cylinder from servo, should I keep the white Nylon spacer fitted to the piston push rod or remove it? With it still on it may limit the amount of brake pedal movement before the brakes are fully applied. What is the spacer for?

Any thoughts on this guys.

Cheers

other people must have done it but.

i tried mine with out the servo connected and was not happy at all far to much pressure required, would be cured by fitting a smaller bore master cylinder.

the m/cyl thats designed to fit to a servo does not have a push rod retaining device. like a bulk head fitting type.

I also removed the servo and quickly put it backshok.gif You might as well cut a hole in the floor and do a Fred flintstone. I have sense fitted a zero pedal box with the sierra M/C and that is much better with m1144 mintex pads i can now stop the skid mark is on the road and not in my pants huh.gif

which Ka m/c do people use, there's a few on eBay with a smaller servos for little money but some have 2 outlets others have 3. should it be one each left/ right front and then 1 to rear an then tee off? does model of Ka

have much effect and is there one to avoid.

thanks.