Garage Door Insulation

Landie71

Now it's getting a bit cooler, I've been thinking about insulation the garage doors so I might go out in an evening a bit more. I'm thinking of putting polystyrene sheets on the inside of the doors (up & over metal ones). Has anyone else done anything like this & is it worth it?

Cheers

M

Thanks for that - probably easier to put up too. I guess tacking it above the door & then rolling it around a pole would make it easy to roll up put of the way. Might call round to our local Wickes tomorrow & pick a roll up - at that price it's worth a go.

Cheers

Marcus

and sure you wouldn't do it but obv be careful with open fires and never run the car with the door closed as most of us dont have CATs on our cars to stop you dying from CO poisoning.

There have been a couple of families who have died recently (was on the national news) from CO poisoning from BBQ's they have taken indoors overnight!!! wouldn't have thought it would produce enough, but sadly seems to have been.

that's a thought - probably won't be too much of a problem anyway, if it's anything like the progress so far, I'll get the building bug, do a few hours over a couple of weeks & then other stuff'll take over for a few months & hay-presto it'll be spring again :o

Sorry to say Ed, your heater can only be safely used in a well ventilated area; which rather buggers the idea of warming the garage; also every litre of gas consumed puts a litre of moisture(& other nasties from combustion) into the air so all your tools etc. rust quickly.

If you have no flue to the heating appliance the only choice is electric for warming an enclosed space.

Guest ekips nagillim

And the last thing anyone needs is a rusty tool

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Following on from that train of thought, have you got any cats?

There's nothing quite like a nice warm pussy! :crazy: