1.8 Pinto With 32/36 Weber Carb

Guest Tazza67

Guest Tazza67

Hi guys,

This is the set up I am currently trying to sort out.

IMAG1646.jpg

The carb has a manual choke set up. Throttle linkage also appears to be back to front to operate the carb?

Anyone previously ran this or still does and can give me a few tips and possibly provide a few photos?

Thanks in advance

Suzanne

Guest alfaGTA

I'm running a 30/34 dfth weber twin downdraught and it goes quite well on a 2 litre.... Bang up a few closer pic's of your throttle linkage as its not clear, i'll post a few of mine at the weekend. I believe the spindle's are scarce now so your's might have been bodge'd :(

sorry nothing to do with the carb but lose the thermoviscous fan and you'll gain a few BHP back. Just replace with an electric fan and a thermostatic switch. visit a breakers and you can probably convert for £10-£20.

If you do take the fan off the big nut that holds it all on is left hand thread i think from memory.

that looks fine to me i think mine looks the same. as long as when the cable is pulled it opens the butterfly valves can't see a problem. if you look you'll see that as the cable is pulled the rod is rotated and opens the throttle. the spring is compressed to push it back closed when you release it.

Not sure if yours works the same but on my 28/30 carb only the one butterfly opens as the second is vacuum operated, only opening under load. you'll see a diaphram on the side of if that is the case. So don't worry if both don't open.

If you haven't started it yet and don't know if she runs, have a look down the choke and pump the accelerator and you should see a bit of fuel squirt in. Also if this is first time starting or has sat for a very long time i'd be tempted to give it a blow through. The aluminium creates salts which block up the jets.

hth

Guest Tazza67

ahh do you have a plate that bolts onto the manifold which the grey plate bolts to?

Yep but its for the old carb that was originally with the engine and doesn't line up with the new inlet so a bit of fettling will be required.

When the throttle is pressed the rod tries to turn the wrong way to open the carb so the throttle goes clockwise as the carb wants to go anti-clockwise.

Guest Tazza67

cant post pics they too big but mine is opposite to the throttle cable attachment looks like you could have the wrong throttle rod sent some pics to your email

Cheers Stuart yours have proved very helpful, mine looks to have the throttle connected 180degress on the wrong side of the rod like you say. Hmm new throttle rod I believe don't think a hammer can fix this one!

Bedford to Cornwall;that's one hell of a long garden path between house & garage. On a helpful note you must travel down/up on the A303 ?? if so we are just a few miles off it, near Stonehenge & happy to help with any cut & shut needed on metal work.