Another Zero On The Road

ozz

After an initial fail on speedometer under reading it passed at re test and got I the plates today.

I have done a budget build using as much of the sierra as possible including the sierra clocks but had put the needles back in the wrong position.

So I now have an age related F plate GBS zero 2.0 pinto (ex efi) now on zx6r carbs.

I could not have done this without this club and the wealth of knowledge and ideas freely given.

GBS have also been brilliant. I am spoiled by living so close and being able to pop in to look at cars and talk to the guys.

GBS took my car for IVA but the most valuable IVA advice came from Simon at the open day.

Anyone still building should go to an open day and listen to one of Simon's talks worth their weight in gold.

Finally I just want to thank 2 members who without ever meeting me or talking to me have got me to this point (I doing a Gwyneth here) I'll just say bears and gnome.

Hope to see you at the shows and a merry xmas

hi ozz, congratulations.

do you have any pics of the engine bay you could put up as i am currently changing out a 1600 to a 2L pinto in a zero and having clearance issues. would be good to see another build.

again congrates hope to see you at the shows next year.

regards

keith

hi ozz, congratulations.

do you have any pics of the engine bay you could put up as i am currently changing out a 1600 to a 2L pinto in a zero and having clearance issues. would be good to see another build.

again congrates hope to see you at the shows next year.

regards

keith

I have taken some photos tonight hope you can work out the sides.

I appear either by accident or design to have "toed in" the bottom mounts.

http://s1133.photobucket.com/albums/m582/andrewosborne27/engine%20mounts/

Just out of interest, when GBS took it for the IVA did they not check it over first? I thought they would have and might have picked up on the speedo reading wrong.

They gave it a very thorough check over in my presence and agreed a list of work to be completed, but sadly no road test with a gps device to test the speedo; which was my fault as when they asked the question about the instruments I said unmodified, same size wheels and same diff as doner. With these answers there would be no need to "callibrate"" the speedo.

So two incompetencies on my part firstly putting the needles back wrong (I made same mistake on rev counter, fuel gauge and temp gauge too and secondly forgetting that I had done so.)

Hi Ozz,

Well done mate. It's almost a year since I took my Zero to GBS for them to check it over and put it through the IVA. Can't believe where the time has gone!

Now you can enjoy driving this great little car.

Bob