Insurance Companys

speedtripledan

Well i started with a renewal of £386 from pickles with a few calls i got it down to £179 from A plan who i have to say have been really good he quoted me on the phone with one company which was not the best quote but said he would ring me back in a few days with a better quote and true to his word he did and it was, not only that it is a better insurance policy with ncd and driving other cars, so far i would recommended there service.

Now graham sykes, not impressed with them £438 :80: request pickles are just taking the mick, flux obviously a no no, premium choice also a no no after there treatment of me after my no fault crash!

every year renewals come back high, every year i get it down to a responsible cost why do the insurance companys play this game ??

Guest alfaGTA

not impressed

Hmmm i can see why...........

Good effort though, i suppose the renewal is there to get people that are time poor and just renew. I lazily renewed this year with the kit after it increased by £20.

Guest Lowlife

Having sold car insurance, albeit many moons ago, they have underwriters who decide what risk they are prepared to carry. This varies massively form broker to broker and can include postcode, gender, age, occupation, mileage, vehicle type and engine capacity, storage, convictions.

These risks are weighed up against that particular companies "tick list" if you tick the boxes the premium is better as you are a risk they want to carry, if you don't then for every box unticked the premium increases. The main key with insurance is that price is not always the best marker, do you get the cover and service you think you have when the time comes, as per your previous experience I'm guessing.

Just got my insurance renewal through from Graham Sykes, £125 3000 miles, a few pound cheaper than last year but without breakdown cover this time, they want another £30 for that.

Got a quote from A plan including breakdown cover for £127 which is cheaper than i paid to Graham Sykes last year. Both insurances are with Highway.

Les

Had a nice chat to Claire at A-plan, not the cheapest (by about £20) but seemed very easy to talk to, and genuinely interested in my custom and what i wanted from an insurance policy. Worth considering, certainly confident that it'd be correctly insured (as it's my only car and a daily driver), and will keep no claims bonuses alive even tho it's not required.

Guest shaggy

Just got a quote from Claire (good to be on first name terms with a broker) £99, as opposed to Frank Pickles £147.

Guess where I am going this year?