Guest marsbar

A mate had a small crash on his motor bike and called his break down service, if they did not turn up within the hour it would be free next year.

They turned up within the hour to Seahouses in Northumberland, no mean feat, all for £50.00 per year.

For this he gets Hotel cover, a replacement vehicle including a bike. Full European cover, and its done through Motor Cycle Action Group via Equity Red Star.

For a further £45 you can add another vehicle.

I wonder if they would do a deal for Hoodies?

Agree with all the others AutoAid is a very good service. Not expensive covers my Wife who took out the cover for her car also covers Me for my TinTop and my Hood also my Motorcycle too. They sent a local garage within 30 mins. when my wife's car would not start in the garage at home. Started the car charged the garages normal call out fee about £50.00 AutoAid sent out Claim form and paid out within 2-3 weeks no questions.

www.autoaidbreakdown.co.uk/about_us/contact_us.php

or call 08002321691

Annual Fee currently £39.00

We also use them for my Daughter who is at University and keep it on as a deterrent to problems with her car.

Always very polite and helpful when you contact them.

Worth a TRY

Steve

Yes, that is particularly disgusting service from the AA.

Unfortunately it's not unusual. I know a few people in the Mini club with disturbingly similar stories - one lass took 48 hours to get home (and it was her daily driver that had expired and not the Mini - she did get some stick over that).

Personally I told them where to stick it when they started doing the insurance company trick and sending a renewal at a price which would always fall if you told them you weren't going to renew.

Still get calls from them asking if I'd like to renew. Initially I would tell them why not and ask them to remove me from their database but it didn't work so I've turned to becoming abusive in the hopes that my record will be flagged as one not to call but it hasn't worked so-far. Maybe I need to get some stronger swear words from Andrea.

Iain

I've been with the AA for a few years and apart from renewal cost spiralling I've always had good responses.

Broke down in May, 70 mins wait then towed home.

Fubared engine last September and got taken home on a flatbed, driver didn't have enough time to get me home so we just waited 45 minutes part way home so he could drive again.

Trailer broke outside Newark show, wasn't too late home with that 1 either.

Just balances up the argument... Unlucky for you both, but glad you got home eventually.

Nick

thanks for all the comments, we have called the AA out a couple of times before and been quite satisfied with the service, just on this occasion I think we just chose the wrong night to break down, I think the main problem with it all was a lack of communication from their side, both the AA and the other recovery companies that they used,it was me who had to phone them every hour to find out what was happening, if they had told us from the beginning how long it was going to be we would have gone back to the RHOCAR party at hollowell and made our way home on sunday, all that and no swear words, ivan

Guest The AA

as you may have read in the hollowell report we broke down again, mark b and shaft came to our rescue but couldn't get us going, this was at 6,20pm on Saturday night, so I called the AA :help: , told them what was wrong that the ignition coil had gone and unless one of there guys had one on their van we would need a recovery truck to get, us ,the kit and a trailer all home, ok the man says will put you on priority will be sorted within the hour, couldn't have been more wrong!!!!!!!! CALLED THEM OUT AT 6.30pm AND WE WERE HOME AT 10.10 THE NEXT F#####G MORNING!!!!!!! NEARLY 16 HOURS!!!!! UNBELIEVABLE. The itinerary of our nightmare as follows. 6:30 called AA told by lying barstewards would be an hour, 6 1/2 hours later following several calls truck arrived, luckily we had been camping so we had chairs to sit on and blanket to keep warm, and for the first 4 hour a sense of humour. anyway despite telling AA that we had a trailer the F***ing idiots sent a lorry that couldn't tow, and wouldn't fit on trailer. like queen Vic we were not amused. 1/2 hour later another truck came and towed us to a "safe place" 1/2 mile away. now excuse my French but we thought we were going home not to a "safe place" the w*****r dumped us on a laybye on the edge of the f****ing, B*******d, W******g, C******g A14 in the dark where to my mind we could have been killed, accosted, mugged, raped, buggered or even cuddled by SHAFT by surprise and from behind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, we spent 2 F*******g hours there in fear of all of the above. The AA arrived again 2 hour later and loaded us up after asking how we were, f******g P*****d off you A**** F*******g T*t W********r was our response. he then shared the exciting news that he was only taking us to Trowell services which was met with a smile and thanks for nothing you C*** S******G A**** Bandit. to which he replied he dint give a s***t he was retiring soon anyway W******r!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. we arrived at trowel at 4:50AM. went for a coffee n something to eat (we hadn't eaten since 1pm the previous day) anyway I fancied crumpet after having sausage all weekend. would you f******g believe it no crumpet, that was me done hysterical, hungry, tired, not a glass of red in sight for at least 12 hours and still scared that SHAFT was somewhere lurking ready to ponce. any way fell asleep on table in services for another 2 hours and would you T*****g believe it the 2 of the hairy a*****d t*****s turned up at the same time (just like buses) anyway got home around 10ish feeling refreshed, revitalised and ready to go to my friends wedding *******NOT*********. in summary the AA are a bunch of T*t sucking A***e munching C***k banging anally retarded bunch of lying tosspots. I apologise if any body is an AA man within the club or if you have a close family member who is , I'm sure that you are not any of the previously described.i also apologis to anybody else who my foul langage , apauling spelling and bad grammer may have offended. I am obviously still distressed and mentally affected by our ordeal and may consider therapy if the next glass of red doesn't help. thanks for listening, ANDREA(wife of ivan the terrible) xxxx

Hello, we're sorry to hear this. After reading your review, the scene you describe certainly doesn’t sound typical of our usual high standards. We would very much like to discuss this with you. Please email your details including your full name, address and membership number to chat@theaa.com with reference FOR45694. Regards The AA

thanks to you all, this is the Andrea by the way, we spent most of last night drafting a strongly worded email, which we have just sent. as I said to them I seek no apology, regret or excuse just a 2 week all inclusive holiday abroad for us and everybody we know, including the kit car rabble xxxx

• Like 3