Iva Trim - Sharp Edges

WallerZ

Morning All,

I know that you have to cover up sharp edges, but with the transmission tunnel, the top cover goes on and sits flat against the side panel. Does that class as a sharp edge? Or is it literally just if its sticking out?

Cheers,

According to the IVA manual if it is less than 5mm proud of the surface it is sitting on it simply needs to be blunted. If its more than 5mm above the surface it needs a 5mm radius.

Ok cheers, just another one, would you say these would be ok for IVA or should I get a set of the rubber ones? (don't like the look of the rubber ones)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Boot-Bonnet-Toggle-Fasteners-Catch-Clips-Black-/380684682686?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item58a29345be

Hi Terry,

Thanks for the offer, I'm not too keen on the rubber catches, hence looking for alternatives. I'll keep you in mine if I decide to play safe. Got a bit of time yet before I need to get the bonnet secured on properly yet :)

Those catches in the ebay link............I have them and wouldn't recomend them.

It's something I keep meaning to replace but never get round to it....damn V8! I am very tempted with the aerocatches that lowlife has suggested.

anyway, the main problem I had with them was when I hit a bump in the road, then tended to pop off. To get around this, I drilled a 1/8" hole through the middle of the handle and into the car body....then screwed a self-tapping screw through the whole assembly to secure the handle down so it couldn't pop off (this was one of those tempory fixes that ended up staying).

I just have to carry a screw driver around with me so I can take the bonnent off!!

note to self.....these will be changed before next season!

Zac

If not going the conventional route do as Lowlife states, fit aero catch's. Thats what I have on mine and think they look pretty good. Quite straight forward to fit and no probs with IVA. Shop around on fleabay you should get a pair for approx £35 delivered.... 8)

Guest Lowlife

Zac

If not going the conventional route do as Lowlife states, fit aero catch's. Thats what I have on mine and think they look pretty good. Quite straight forward to fit and no probs with IVA. Shop around on fleabay you should get a pair for approx £35 delivered.... 8)

Be carefull on Ebay!! I work for the company that makes Aerocatches and we see many counterfeits on Ebay!!!! Thanks for the recommendation Terry.

i bought these catches for mine:

http://www.cbsonline...steners_SSOCLAT

They have an in-built spring that locks the mechanism so they can't open accidentally. They're the dog's danglies, but i doubt they are iva compliant.

They also have a hole for an r-clip, if belt and braces aren't enough!