Iva/sva Test

KenO

Hi I have just bought Robin Hood unfinished project (early one I think no front roll bar). Can any one help, I was promised pictures of the build so far from the seller but I cant make contact with him after the sale.

1. Would pictures help getting it through the IVA/SVA Test.

2. What is the minimum distance from Gear Stick to Handbrake for the IVA/SVA Test.

3. Would it be better to mount the Handbrake on the passenger side of the gearbox tunnel and will this pass the IVA/SVA Test.

I will be back with more questions later in the build.

Ken

Hi Ken,

Photos backing up parts of the build that are not visible during IVa will be useful. Esp. brake & fuel pipes

inside the tunnel. If you dont have any, take your own.

I dont recall any min distance from gear lever to handbrake.

The handbrake must be reachable from the driver seat with belts on,

regardless f its location. Many of us put it on top of the tunnel.

Post up some pics of the front suspension for identification.

This..

http://nw.rhocar.org...ntification.htm

http://nw.rhocar.org

may help..

Once we know the exact model we can probably help with build instructions,

Mounting on the passenger side of the tunnel is fine, it's a damn sight better than the passenger footwell position and you don't need arms like an Orangutan.

I mounted mine on the tunnel side, but what I will say is that it is advisable to add some strengethening plates to reduce/limit the amount of flexing from the thin tunnel wall.

You may also need to make an extended fulcrum, depending on what handbrake lever you have. I did as I have a Sierra handbrake lever.

Welcome Ken to the forum I'm in Dunfermline and the area sec for Scotland there are a few of us over here. A couple of us have 2b's one of which has just passed Iva last year so it could be good reference for you. Also you will find a wealth of information on here.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

Sorry for not getting back sooner, due to work and trying to find a camera with less pixels for the pictures I have now solved all the problems. From the pictures I was sent it is definitely a 2B. I have attached two pictures one of the front suspension to confirm it is a 2B and one of the rear, will this rear setup pass the SVA or would it be better fitting coil over’s to the rear or all round. Still working on the hand brake but the engine now runs after about 18 months not being turned over.

Regards Ken

Sorry still cant upload pictures can anyone help?