Road Trips 2014

Guest alfaGTA

Guest boggybogstar

Would love to do Norway Tony; finances are too tight though; & you lot would probably meet us still going up when you's coming home.

Must admit that this one might be a bit pricey, but hey, you get to touch the arctic circle in a home built car :D , Norway will very much be a touring trip rather than a blat, youll be fine ;)

Guest boggybogstar

Hi Tony

I really enjoyed the one day trip to Le Touquet a few years back.

& the Lydden hill blat.

Any more one day excursions planned?

I'm definitely in for one....

Bob

Were definatley considering one of those Bob, the problem we have is because of the number of Euro tours we have already planned there might not be a great uptake for a one dayer accross the water, im considering a 2/3 dayer down to Normandy in September.The Vosges and Norway are hotels, the Alps are in one of those pre erected tent things from Eurocamp.

The dates for Norway have just been confirmed, July 21st to August 1st.

If anyones intersted in the Alps tour then you have to be very very quick, Eurocamp want final numbers by the end of December, thers 8 of us so far.

Guest alfaGTA

Just throwing a few dates out here for a Scottish road trip.

Depart early Saturday 19th April and return Wednesday 23rd September April, I've got kids school holidays and kids birthday to plan around and these dates suit me bestest..... Easter falls on 18th and 21st April so may lead to more traffic but we'll be deep in the highlands by then!!

Rough plans;

Travel up to meet members in Dunfermline (maybe have a gawp at the Falkirk wheel en route) on Sat morning (5hr drive)

Dunfermline to Applecross via Kinlochleven and Eilean Donan Castle (5.5hrs driving)

Day three relaxing with a distillery tour.

Return trip not thought out yet......

Guest alfaGTA

camping vs b&b's noted, dates not ideal but hopefully the native members can give us an idea of the traffic/tourist level deep in the highlands at that time of the year? also want to do some sightseeing along the way, and a few wee drams in the evenings