Robin Hood Series 3

Guest mark little

Guest mark little

Hi all,

I've been having a crack with the guy selling the car on eBay, item No 151214549378, which version of the series 3 is it, it looks a tidy car, it's factory built, but does this model have any inherent problems and can you put cycle wings on it. May do a deal with my racing buggy, any idea of a rough value for this model.

Cheers Mark

Any info or advice is much appreciated

Guest mark little

Cb 750,

Have you had any problems chassis or suspension wise, I take it the 3a has on-board coil overs, does it work ok.

Has anyone else looked at the car on eBay, what do you think?

Looks like a 3a to me too.

- Need to do a thorough check for cracking to the monococque, especially in and around the pivot point for the inboard suspension and rear suspension mounting points

- Also check the doors are also there with the kit

Price. Personally I'd place it about where it is now on the auction - around £2.5k, maybe a touch more.

Guest Ian & Carole

Did Dicky ever complete a car?

I once drove one of his "demo" cars with him sat next to me.

It was a bit lacking in conversation apart from him insisting that the sliding pillar was "the same as Morgan used"

.......................and I still bought one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In reply, my chassis was cracked at the top welds where the sides meet the front cross member ( put a torch on the othe side of the welds and it shone through). Also cracking near the engine mounting towers and at the rear of the engine support trays. All the cracks have been reinforced and weld repaired professionally. I have reinforced the front suspension lower mountings as this is a weak spot and also rebuilt the bracketry that holds the top mounts of the rear coilovers.

Rob

Mark . Go to the nwrhocar website and you will see Jim stotts car and a list of the jobs he undertook. Ie strenghtning rear shock mounts. Tiebars . Cracks in tub . Abd anything else he improved on .

Hth

Mitch