Thanx Not!

philshelton

thanx to the driver who decided to overtake a bike on a A road with double white lines down the center, causing my 19 year old daughter to swerve and end up on her side in a ditch against a tree and they did not even stop. I got the call from her in hysterics daddy daddy come and save me. Also to all the other drivers who just drove on by!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To the two van drivers who stopped helped her out the car and sat her in their van till I got there I can not thank them enough. I am so glad she is now home with only conclusion a few bruises and minor whiplash. police ambulance and fire brigade said to me how lucky she was and that she must have been doing less than 40 at time of impact as the air bag did not deploy. If you see a car in a ditch please stop and check, it could be one of your nearest and dearest that needs assistance next time

Guest peter2b2002

very lucky glad she is OK, it's them same around here I see loads of cars coming towards me on the side roads on my way to work the lanes are just 2 cars wide, some head straight towards me in the middle of the road playing chicken expecting me to get onto the verge, funny thing is they are mostly women in 4x4's or white vans

peter2b

Sorry to hear that Phil. I witnessed a nasty accident tonight on the M54 coming back from my office in Telford. Stopped to check everyone was OK, gave my details as witness...

I always think how I, or a loved one, would want to be treated but I'm afraid it is a lot easier to just drive on by. Maybe 'accident' cameras fitted to cars like the Russian viral video is the way to go.

Bl00dy hell Phil.........I'm sorry to hear what's happened mate and I can't even begin to imagine what you went through when you got that call.

I've said before that it doesn't matter how good a driver you are, sadly it's mainly all the d1ck heads on the road that catch you out and I hope everyone takes heed of the last line in your post.

my best wishes wishes to you all

Watch out for the next 24 hours with concussion and whiplash injuries. I hope that nothing develops from them and wish you the best.

I got that advice from A & E when I had a similar "incident" years ago. Things can be replaced, people can't. There are really some prats on the road now. I see loads jumping the red lights around Doncaster and they seem to be increasing in number.

Simon.

All fine she is aching so will hurt tomorrow, I am angry and now glad the other driver was not there or might be looking at 4 walls with bars. Think we might be car shopping next week, I want her back driving ASAP.

Guest Ian & Carole

On a lighter note........... don't you just love auto correct!!

Just reread your original post only to see that she is suffering "with only conclusion a few bruises".

Must have been a diagnosis made by doctor who?????

Really pleased she is OK though mate.

Phil

so sorry to read about your daughters experience. I always pray that they can live a safe life. Pleased to know that she is OK and may have some bad memories but she is OK which is the main objective.

I have 2 Daughters and pray they will have safe Motoring experiences eldest has been driving since she was 17 ( soon to be 21 ) and the youngest is still in the learning stage. I just have to PRAY for their safety as it is always difficult to see other people out there who are not good drivers.

Hope she recovers quickly and takes her experience as another Lesson Learnt.

Stay SAFE

Kindest regards

Steve

Glad she's ok Phil.

so.... are you going to take a couple of weeks off work and rebuild the car for her?

I thought that's what you did. :-P

Nick

Bit beyond rebuild Mate, could chop off roof and make a see saw from chassis. Insurance have got it now and to be honest I am just glad Helen Has only seen pics, Its one of those that you would say no one got out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! scary guys