Cutout In Passenger Footwell Panel?

FERRINO

Apologies for this - I'm still a relative newbie to this kit building business, but here is the first (no doubt of a huge long list lol) of stupid questions.

On the sliding pillar 2B I'm building - there is a large cutout at the top of the passenger footwell end panel. Is this supposed to be here - or is it something the previous builder put in?

If it's supposed to be there - what's it designed for? :unsure:

20140324_205831_zps37a817fa.jpg

I'm pretty sure that shouldn't be there unless you've got the RH panel on the LH side in which case it might have been for the steering column (in which case the cut-out looks too high).

Blank it off with a plate self tapped on and if you need to run wiring through there later, you can remove the plate and drill it easily.

Recon that panel was intended for the drivers side --- original builder got them A about F, no hole that side required IMO

Rename me "Capt SLOW"

Edited by florin metal works

Aaaaaaahh right, that would make sense. The previous builder has definitely made his own drivers side footwell panel as it's a different colour and had his pen markings on for bending and nibbling out etc.

So it looks like he's used the drivers side one here then. He also made the tunnel top panel out of a 'men at work' road sign and I'm fairly sure the bit that screws to frame tube where the tunnel cover meets is his own work too?

Thanks chaps - mystery solved and much appreciated :)

Hey,

just thinking about your steering. are you using the bush from the sierra? if so it might be worth swapping for a cart bearing whilst you have it all apart.

If you haven't done so yet.

Let me know if you want more info and i'll point you to some threads on cart bearings for the steering shaft.

hth

Hey,

just thinking about your steering. are you using the bush from the sierra? if so it might be worth swapping for a cart bearing whilst you have it all apart.

If you haven't done so yet.

Let me know if you want more info and i'll point you to some threads on cart bearings for the steering shaft.

hth

Hi - Cheers for the heads up, but I have already done the kart bearing for the steering shaft :)