First Long Journey

tractor

well I have made the fixed scuttle turned the bonnet so its hinged at the nose cone sealed as many holes in bulkhead as poss and actually got the wipers working went out this morning for a test drive hoping to catch a rain shower to test wipers and roof but managed to miss every one but no heat or fumes coming into cab so ready for the long journey down to sussex tomorrow

just to add I have joined the AA today just to cover all the bases its not because I don't trust the work I have done on the car its just that its far cheaper to join the AA than be towed off the motorway by a private firm fingers crossed I wont need them

Well I made it 220 miles the last 20 *bleep* it down car didnt miss a beat even the wipers copped with the rain so joining the AA was a bit pointless

Its never pointless mate. Peace of mind... priceless. Plus when it does go wrong, it`ll be at the most desperate time/place ever.

Andi

Well after the first long journey and the rain I was very happy so sat down and had a few beers last night it rained most of the evening so this morning I said to my mate ill take you out for a run round the sussex lanes after about ten minutes of trying to start the car it finally burst into life it didnt sound right but off we went it just got worse and managed to make it back to his house on two cylinders so out came the wd40 sprayed all ignition connections and hey presto running sweet again so we went out again took about a year out my tyres pulled off from one junction and there was that much tyre smoke you couldnt see behind us coooool

• Like 1