Rhocar Helpful Members - Thank You

MarkBzero

Just a short post to personally thank Richy and Gaz for coming to the rescue. My gearbox was kaput no 3rd and 4th, and I was going to miss Donnington kitcar show and being realistic the rest of the year until I managed to exchange the gearbox.

I had a call on Friday afternoon from Richard trying to pull things together to replace the gearbox. With help from Gaz and borrowing Steve's engine lift, thanks Steve, we pulled together with the complimentary tea and Jaffacakes we managed to replace the broken unit. It took 3 of us 4 to 4 1/2 hours and finished at 11.30, Richy did not get home until 01.00, and I had the pleasure to attend Donnington the next day with my son.

Great team work in the true spirit of Rhocar.

Committee,

Can I suggest a new award (a shield/cup, free annual membership or voucher at one of our sponsors stores) to be presented at AGM, 'Best supporting Rhocar member' or 'Spirit of the club' nominated by members and voted by the members of the club?

• Like 8

And then richy spent all Saturday and Sunday on Dave's Exmo at donington.........he just can't get enough lol.

Seriously though, it's been said so many times before that £15 buys you so much more than membership.

Personally speaking, I think the award ideas above are great and will be pursued further so watch this space.......

• Like 4

Just doing my bit to help out - the same as others have done for me in the past. I think the important thing is that members realise that help is out there if they're struggling and not to be afraid to ask.

Everyone has something they can offer their fellow members, even if it's just the loan of some tools or a hand with a " two man job".

• Like 5