Pinto? / Zetec. 2.0

Guest steve 276

Guest steve 276

hi having a bit of prob with the 1600 pinto starting to spray oil round the engine bay smoke a bit . so having to think of a plan b. so any 2ltr pinto motors good runners. in yer sheds.? am i right in thinking it will fit in place of the 1600 with little problem.? will the inlet and exh match up.? will the dizzy / electronic ing. work with a 2ltr. any idears . cheers steve falmouth

yes the 2ltr pinto is a straight swap for 1.6 the only thing different is the bore size all manifolds and ancillaries are interchangeable but the 2ltr pinto is almost extinct and it has been renamed to pintosorus

Edited by tractor
  • Like 1

Fitting a Zetec in the place of a Pinto has many issues, the exhaust is on the opposite side for a start.

A swap from 1.6 to 2.0L Pinto is so simple it's a no brainer

You will need 2.0L carburation and may need a bigger radiator if it all gets a bit hot

Apart from that it's plug and play

I may have a standard 2.0L available in a month

Next year there is a possibility of a high power 2.1 but it won't be cheap

Isn't the earlier 1.6 lower than the later version. I have the 1.6 emax engine which is the same stroke as the 1.8 and 2.0. It has 165 stamped on the block exhaust side. The earlier 1.6 has 16 I think on the side. Should mostly all fit but exhaust might need lifting if the head is in a different position to the bigger engines.

Hth

Guest steve 276

thanks boys not looking to go power mad . a standard 2ltr thats a good runner will be ok . or maybe a top end rebuild motor ? dont know how much it costs to rebuild a pinto motor ? any advise hear?. i gess maybe to much . hence the zetec option. or maybe drag my sic pinto sore arse of to the docs for sum meds?!. cheers so any 2ltr pintos out there drop us a line . gess thay are all in the midlands far from cornwall . will a pinto fit in an mx5 boot ?. or whot if i take the pasenger seat out that mite work any body tried it?. steve ummmm getting low on scrumpy bugger!!.

Guest chris brown
will a pinto fit in an mx5 boot ?.

In a word no.

If you get the choice go for a 205 block with a injection head (egg shaped inlets) as it has hardened valve seats. As for transporting get the seller to put it on a pallet and get a delivery firm to transport it. The chances are it will be cheaper than the cost of your round trip especially if you have to rent a van for the day.

Guest steve 276

hi yes im shore its a very good motor but 800 squid that a bit to good for wot i nead . any body put a rover v8 in ? . is it to heavy . not a good idear?. im gessing. wot about a modern ish. diesel motor bmw or sumthing like that lot s of torque like a v8 any idears boys. cheers

• 2 months later...

I lad near me keeps trying to flog me a 2l pinto, think he mentioned £250 but don't take that as gospel. If you are interested PM me and I go and see him to get details and price.