Insurance

tractor

yet again my ex insurance company has ignored my instructions that I did not require the policy to be renewed got a letter today saying that because I had not contacted them that they will be automatically renew my policy using the bank details they have of mine so yet another email to state that I had contacted them and that any money withdrawn from my account will be theft and will be reported as such I have really had enough of this auto renewal now

Edited by tractor
  • Like 1

Guest 2b cruising

Who were your insurers. I had problems changing from Tesco a couple of years ago. Most of the big companies now use a collection/credit company. They make lots of money by charging phenomenal amounts on any policy change even if you renew your policy paying in full without credit. It's all getting to be a big con.

• 1 month later...
Guest Charles Watson

I need to renew my insurance in the next week. I know I'm only talking small money here, but...

I'm with Flux, at £130pa & agreed sum of £3,500. Yes I have to cancel in order not to auto renew.

A-plan come in at £99.

Everyone else is £130 or more.

Does anyone have any good stories about Insurance Companies??

Thanks

i think everybody knows that insurance companies are modern day highway robbers they take your money anyway they can then lie and cheat anyway they can not to pay any out should something happen .

im not bitter

Don't forget there is a difference between the service from the insurance broker and the insurance company that provides the insurance. I have good experience with Carol Nash brokers who insured my motorcycles. When the insurance company who I insured with went bust Carol Nash picked up the cost and transferred my insurance to another provider at no extra cost. More Than Insurance company were great when a lorry went up the side of my wife's car and had no problem with using the repairers that we wanted to do the work and not theirs.

I find that Adrian Flux respond quicker by phone. When they wanted to auto direct debit my renewal I phoned them and they just "unticked the box" on my details they held during the time I was on the phone. No more auto renewal since then!

I'm also with A-Plan.

Cost is good, & phone service is helpful.

I have had to use their breakdown cover once & that was fairly prompt.

BUT....I haven't yet had to put a claim through them....that's when you find out how good

they & the insurance company really are.

Has anyone experienced their claim settlement?